Crf450 idles but won't rev

My buddy's bike idles perfect revs up on choke perfect but as soon as u twist the throttle it dies???

What year bike is it? It revs with choke on and dies when choke is off? Clean the carb and make sure there are no clogged jets.

2003 and it will not rev at all

Buy a carb rebuild kit or clean it very well. Also check the jetting for your area if you get the kit. Use brake cleaner ans compressed air. Do not use auto carb cleaner it will cause damage.

^+1

Clean the carb very very well, make sure it is jetted correctly, your problem is most likely in the carb.

Have you done any work to the bike lately?  Check the accelerator pump diaphragm.

^+1

Clean the carb very very well, make sure it is jetted correctly, your problem is most likely in the carb.

Have you done any work to the bike lately?  Check the accelerator pump diaphragm.

yes we put a new piston in it it ran perfect for 2 days. and we checked all valves  timing is spot on.

Edited by hilliskx713

I would double check that all timing marks are aligned for sure, could be a tooth off. 

Clean the carb and see what happens.

yes we put a new piston in it it ran perfect for 2 days. and we checked all valves  timing is spot on.

Check the timing, especially if you used that piece of shit OEM cam chain tensioner. What it really sounds like to me is it picked up a piece of dirt or whatever in the main jet.