anyone getting thier fuel tanks yet ?

i ordered an ims fuel tank right about the time they said they had started to ship the pre-orders out .. . has anyone received thiers yet ? any news on when they may ship ?

I ordered mine back in March and received it a few weeks ago.

They are filling all the preorders first and I think they are waiting on another manufacturing run of new tanks.

Any issues with the fuel gauge reading improper ?

I haven't installed mine yet. It's been sunbathing for a while.

I haven't installed mine yet. It's been sunbathing for a while.

Can you weigh it for us?  How about some pics or links to them?

Edited by gliderboy

Can you weigh it for us?  How about some pics or links to them?

No problem.

I am putting the bike back on the dyno today. When I get back I'll weigh it.

Mine in here and on. Pretty basic install. Trimming the shrouds is the toughest part. Use a pen make a mark and cut wisely. Anyone know where I can get one right side shroud ?

Mine in here and on. Pretty basic install. Trimming the shrouds is the toughest part. Use a pen make a mark and cut wisely. Anyone know where I can get one right side shroud ?

According to what moderation has told me you could put "If you have a CRF250L RH tank shield PM me" as your sig line.  It was discussed about a month or so ago.

You have to trim plastic to put it on?

You have to trim plastic to put it on?

I did  . . . so I hope i was supposed to . . there is a little triangle that protrudes from the shroud on the underside of the area that attaches to the tank.  My second attempt was very successfull . . after i drew a line  .  i should have taken pics . . and i used directional snips . . but any really heavy duty scisors would prolly work .