Sign in to follow this  

2011 dual fi conversion kit

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has all the parts and pieces of the conversion from the single 2011 injector to the dual 2012 system they would like to sell?

If you dont find it you can order it all from motosport or some other online supplier when they have the 25% off OEM parts. You need ECU, wiring harness, the injector, fuel lines, and intake boot. I'm pretty sure thats it (its been over a year since i did mine). Theres plenty of threads on it on here if you search theres a list of actual part numbers somewhere.

I just sold a kit cheap ($350).  eBay is a good source for the parts.  you can pick them off one at a time.  as dmm says, you need the ECU, harness, intake boot, fuel line, and injector.  you can modify your bracket to hold your ECU, or buy one.  

My guess for a price for the ECU is $200.  Harness you can get for around $100.  Boot will probably come with an air-box so maybe $75.  The injector is around $90 new and the fuel lines are pretty expensive new, but a parter might have them for $50.

These are just ball-park numbers.  I would imagine parters will be selling more '12 stuff soon.  Search eBay for "2012 KX 250f" daily and you might find a deal.  Well worth the price in my opinion, and I relied on dmm's opinion to buy my first one.  He was right.  It makes a big difference.

Edited by Dragon67

I just sold a kit cheap ($350).  eBay is a good source for the parts.  you can pick them off one at a time.  as dmm says, you need the ECU, harness, intake boot, fuel line, and injector.  you can modify your bracket to hold your ECU, or buy one.  

My guess for a price for the ECU is $200.  Harness you can get for around $100.  Boot will probably come with an air-box so maybe $75.  The injector is around $90 new and the fuel lines are pretty expensive new, but a parter might have them for $50.

These are just ball-park numbers.  I would imagine parters will be selling more '12 stuff soon.  Search eBay for "2012 KX 250f" daily and you might find a deal.  Well worth the price in my opinion, and I relied on dmm's opinion to buy my first one.  He was right.  It makes a big difference.

Glad it worked out for you. It certainly did make a huge difference across the entire power range. My new problem is that I bought a new bike.....And even the worked 250f with stage 2 cams, dual setup, pipe, some porting and polishing work,and some mapping feels like a 2000 kx125 with 100 hours on the top end haha. The 13 kx450 I picked up literally makes the 250f feel like a play bike. Its certainly still super fun to ride but ya gotta work for it more than I realized on it. I can actually run more consistant moto's on the 450 because you dont have to rail every corner on the track like its your last.....and at this point shedding my winter weight I already packed on wouldnt hurt hah.

Glad it worked out for you. It certainly did make a huge difference across the entire power range. My new problem is that I bought a new bike.....And even the worked 250f with stage 2 cams, dual setup, pipe, some porting and polishing work,and some mapping feels like a 2000 kx125 with 100 hours on the top end haha. The 13 kx450 I picked up literally makes the 250f feel like a play bike. Its certainly still super fun to ride but ya gotta work for it more than I realized on it. I can actually run more consistant moto's on the 450 because you dont have to rail every corner on the track like its your last.....and at this point shedding my winter weight I already packed on wouldnt hurt hah.

True, the difference between a 250f and 450f is huge. We aren't ready for that in my house! I will say that little 250f hasn't met a jump it can't clear, and to your point, it's lots of fun. Much more so with the dual FI you recommended to me long ago. You were on the money. At least one more season with that bike for us. Thanks dmm!