Sign in to follow this  

Speed indication and shifting into first

I was curous if you guys had a similar problem to my bike. Everytime I pass one of those signs that tell you what your speed is, I'm constantly 2-3mph higher on the bike than the sign says (25-35 mph range). I plan to eventually get the 13t sprocket and the speedoDRD, but in the meantime, I just keep my indicated speed a little higher.

Also, I've had a small issue with getting the bike into first when at a stop light. The N to 1st doesn't always take. I have to frequently let the clutch out and roll the bike a little bit, then it will go. Is this something normal for these bikes, or the start of impending problem? My bike only has 80 miles on it.

Edited by Alex250L

Also, I've had a small issue with getting the bike into first when at a stop light. The N to 1st doesn't always take. I have to frequently let the clutch out and roll the bike a little bit, then it will go. Is this something normal for these bikes, or the start of impending problem? My bike only has 80 miles on it.

It's the sh1t oil, Honda put in the bike, and it's a fairly common issue. When it comes time to change the oil change it over to synthetic and the issue will go away.

Pulling in and releasing the clutch twice also helps in the mean time.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 2

And check clutch play and adjustment, I know!!!, but still goes without saying!

• Like 2

Mine does that too sometimes.  The syn oil helped but it still happens from time to time.  Maybe after another oil change or two it will clear up.

• Like 1

some of it is riding habits I think ... you will learn how it likes to be treated after awhile.   

Once in awhile after starting and warming up ...  I have had a little trouble too 

• Like 2

I just throw a violent tantrum in the middle of the road when it happens to me.  Seems to help.  The impatient people behind me stop honking.

• Like 4

Ok, thanks for the help guys! I'm still pretty new to bikes, so I'm still learning technique.I'm getting smoother though. A buddy of mine is an Amsoil dealer. When the time comes (Rain rain go away so I can ride today!) I will change it with that and I'm sure it will help.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for the help guys! I'm still pretty new to bikes, so I'm still learning technique.I'm getting smoother though. A buddy of mine is an Amsoil dealer. When the time comes (Rain rain go away so I can ride today!) I will change it with that and I'm sure it will help.

Raining down here also--Honda oil sucks my advice is to change it earlier than the book says --i did my first change at 400 miles to Mobil 1 syn t4--filter also--

• Like 1