Sign in to follow this  

California to Texas

New to thumper. I am 23 and looking into getting back into riding after 6 years. I moved to Texas 6 years ago. Grew up riding in the desert of Southern California. Don't know anyone in the area that rides so I was hoping to meet some people on here to show me around the Houston area! Hoping to buy a bike here in the next month or so.

New to thumper. I am 23 and looking into getting back into riding after 6 years. I moved to Texas 6 years ago. Grew up riding in the desert of Southern California. Don't know anyone in the area that rides so I was hoping to meet some people on here to show me around the Houston area! Hoping to buy a bike here in the next month or so.

I rode a CR 500 in the SoCal desert, Lucerne Valley, El Mirage, and Red Mtn mostly.  The riding out there is killer. 

Unfortunately I don't ride Houston but once a  year, the enduro race they put on either in the Sam Houston National Forest or at Altair.  There is a great riding place 80 miles north of Dallas called Red River, and longer away from Houston. 

The problem with riding in Texas is that it's all on private land.  That's why I race, to get a variety of challenging terrain on different courses.  The races are well organized, you get plugged in with a group of guys with ease, and it's a ton fun.  Otherwise you'll be stuck riding moto tracks or the SHNF which is flat, whooped out (like SoCal desert) and sandy.  That's all you get there, with plenty of tree roots.

If you ever have questions about TX riding, hit me up.  What kind of bike you looking to buy?

I'm 23 too, and just moved out here from northern california a couple months ago. Lemme know when you get a bike. I've only been to tracks so far here, but plan on checking out Sam Houston in the next couple of days. As LovingOffroadPain said, all the land in Texas is private. No such thing as just hopping on a bike and exploring. 

Just found this post. I just got a bike last week! I'm ready to ride! Always looking for someone to ride with. Where all do you ride? Thinking about going to creek side in splendora soon.

I'm 23 too, and just moved out here from northern california a couple months ago. Lemme know when you get a bike. I've only been to tracks so far here, but plan on checking out Sam Houston in the next couple of days. As LovingOffroadPain said, all the land in Texas is private. No such thing as just hopping on a bike and exploring.

Let's ride

I've only been to Ultimate MX down in Alvin so far. Fun mellow track. A couple of guys and I are planning on riding the the east side loop of Sam Houston on saturday. The more the merrier.
I'd never heard of Creekside. Looks like fun. When are you trying to go? I'm free for the next week and a half

I've only been to Ultimate MX down in Alvin so far. Fun mellow track. A couple of guys and I are planning on riding the the east side loop of Sam Houston on saturday. The more the merrier.

I'd never heard of Creekside. Looks like fun. When are you trying to go? I'm free for the next week and a half

Bike won't start. Going to take the carb apart here in the next few days so hopefully I'll be riding again next week! Let's make some plans in a week or so to do the forrest.

Dang, I had the same problem right when I got my bike. My slow jet was packed shut. Wasn't too hard to fix though.

I'm going offshore on thanksgiving day for three weeks. Get at me any time before then and I'm game to go riding!

Barnwell Mountain has a 27 mile single track loop, plus 4 wheeler and jeep trails. Outside of Gilmer in NE TX. I think the property is 2500 acres total, $15 per day for members, $30 for non members. Just raced an enduro there a few weeks ago, it's really gnarly!

My bike is up and running. Let's ride guys? I'm looking to ride the trails and get used to my bike more before I hit the track. I guess I would be considered a beginner. Shoot me a text guys I don't get on here much. 936-446-0602.