DRZ carried away in a flash flood

This guy is majorly stupid. He should really get moron of the year award. He deserves to lose his bike completely and not get reimbursed by his insurance company. He is lucky he did not lose his life. One should Never ever do anything like this if you have even a half a brain. The water never looks deep because of the way it levels out. No way to know if the road is gone or how deep a cut or trench may be. Stay out and stay alive. If he does recover his bike he has a shitload of work to do on it now. He deserves what he gets. Butthead... end of rant.

By the way it only takes 6" of fast moving water depth to take a person off their feet. And once in the water the pressure of the flow WILL CARRY YOU AWAY...

To those that think this is harsh or condescending...oh well. IDGARA. Its just my opinion and trying to help others to understand and learn that flash floods are dangerous in so many ways is how I AM. Never ever hurts to inform. I pity the fool that doesn't see the truth in this and follows this mans idiocy. Don't like what I have to say its your problem. Not mine. Go cross a flash flood at your own risk...

Edited by Jim BurnCycle Abbott
  • Like 5

Yeh, I first saw it on LiveLeak but then another user found his YouTube channel so I posted that instead.

I see now it's suddenly gone private..

It's still here in full HD.

I feel for the guy as I cross water all the time but generally only when you can see the bottom, or I follow someone else who has just gone through. :ride:

So, is he a member here?

Edited by DrzDick

This guy is majorly stupid. He should really get moron of the year award. He deserves to lose his bike completely and not get reimbursed by his insurance company. He is lucky he did not lose his life. Never ever do anything like this. The water never looks deep because of the way it levels out. No way to know if the road is gone or how deep a cut or trench may be. Stay out and stay alive...

Totally true, if you live and ride in the west particularly, you need to know that if there's water running somewhere it isn't normally it's by definition dangerous. 

Guy looked to me like either a full-on dumbass or that he had a death wish. Mother Nature was trying really hard to remove that from the gene pool. Maybe he'll give her another chance next time he decides to play in a disaster area.

Yeh, I first saw it on LiveLeak but then another user found his YouTube channel so I posted that instead.

I see now it's suddenly gone private..

It's still here in full HD.

I feel for the guy as I cross water all the time but generally only when you can see the bottom, or I follow someone else who has just gone through. :ride:

So, is he a member here?

yeah i was like yeah he is holding on! Then it was like wait nooo

• Like 1

Wow....  Tough crowd  :rant:   how bout some Empathy??

Looks to me like he got in over his head by ACCIDENT,    i feel for him,   you can tell it started out fine but out of nowhere just got way too deep,   really sucks seeing this happen,  hoping he was fully insured and will get a new bike. 

• Like 5

Wow....  Tough crowd  :rant:   how bout some Empathy??

Looks to me like he got in over his head by ACCIDENT,    i feel for him,   you can tell it started out fine but out of nowhere just got way too deep,   really sucks seeing this happen,  hoping he was fully insured and will get a new bike. 

i was really hoping he was going to be able to drag his bike out....

although he seemed to come to terms with it fairly quickly saying "well there goes my bike" as soon as he hit the deep stuff

That may be the most appropriate use of a GoPro camera that I have ever seen!   :doh:

I need to start leaving my GoPro running all the time when I ride.  :banghead:

I don't need to make any additional comments on the rider's thought process.  That's all been sufficiently covered already.  Remember, sometimes a person's true purpose in life is to serve as an example to others.  The video itself is VERY valuable to the rest of us!

J.

• Like 1

We have a" stupid motorist law" for just this kind of personal bad choice

if  it cost  the taxpayers $ to rescue them     they can go after the motorist for compensation up to a certain amount

while the law is called stupid motorist I am sure it could be used against a motorcyclist  LOL

I took one look at that water and could see He was lucky to make it as far as He did   

at least when Kenny does it He has lots of friends to help him   then laugh at him 

This guy is majorly stupid. He should really get moron of the year award. He deserves to lose his bike completely and not get reimbursed by his insurance company. He is lucky he did not lose his life. Never ever do anything like this. The water never looks deep because of the way it levels out. No way to know if the road is gone or how deep a cut or trench may be. Stay out and stay alive. If he does recover his bike he has a shitload of work to do on it now. He deserves what he gets. Butthead... end of rant.

By the way it only takes 6" of fast moving water depth to take a person off their feet. And once in the water the pressure of the flow WILL CARRY YOU AWAY...

Dude really? Who are you to say this guy deserves to lose his bike? What did he do so wrong? And telling people not to do something? Stop being such a condescending prick.

The guy took adversities head on, good for him. Ever think he had a sick child or mother in need of medicine or care on the other side? (Probably not but it really doesn't matter). So who cares that the dude lost his bike? And who cares that insurance is going to pay out to get him a new bike? 

Just because YOU wouldn't do it, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't or shouldn't. It doesn't give you the right to tell people what to do with their life and their property; illegal, dangerous or otherwise. 

Just enjoy the show and be glad it's not you.

• Like 3

Did he deserve to lose his bike? Not my place to say.  However, crossing water during flash floods like this is Darwin award level stupid.  This could very easily have been a fatal incident.  I was at my house in the catskills when the hurricane Irene flooding happened.  I saw homes and buildings torn to pieces by water that looked to be flowing about as powerfully as the water that took him.  Flowing water is one of the most deceptively powerful forces in nature.  

I use to commute to work on a mountain bike on  the Los Angeles concrete river back in the day. To avoid a large gathering of gang members I rode over to the the  opposite sides bike path. Now I had to get back to my side after a safe distance or go miles out of my way to the next bridge. There was a channel in the middle that took runoff to the ocean, about four foot wide. There was about three inches of water running at the time. My bike flew out from under me and made it across before I did. If not for my backpack my skull would have been crushed from hitting the embankment flat on my back. I have a lot of respect for running water now....