Sign in to follow this  

Parts demand?

So I am a Mechanical Engineer and I was looking to build some stuff for  my beta but was wondering if anyone else would want to buy aftermarket parts.  My First thing is a custom Skid plate that mimics betas newest, but the circle design is weak by structure so some majpr changes made.  

let me know your .02 and lets see what aftermarket parts we can get.

Are you referring to the Uptite plate, aluminum, with the circles?

Whatever weakness you see has been on the practical test bed .....real hard driven race bikes even, for a dozen years or so, maybe more. Also tested in Dan Gurney's wind tunnel for cooling efficacy v. Other designs.

But have at it, there seems to be a whole variety of sensibilities on these. George designed these with desert racing in mind mostly.

Thats the one that I was talking about.  I like the flow but circular design is not a structural secure as say other designs.  one good rock and its going to tear through.

Feedback would be good as far as terrain as well, I am primarily Desert in AZ, but open to other environments as well.  

Thats the one that I was talking about.  I like the flow but circular design is not a structural secure as say other designs.  one good rock and its going to tear through.

Feedback would be good as far as terrain as well, I am primarily Desert in AZ, but open to other environments as well.  

I'd be interested in a different kind of aluminum skid plate, as I have not bought one yet, and was waiting until I saw other options. I'm not in love with the current design out there. I've used this style on my Honda crf450x and have bent those half-round "ears", not that they broke, just needed a little hammering and a touch up on my Tig machine.

That's a feature, bending, not breaking.   Like when your helmet cracks as it absorbs a possibly fatal blow.   Wonder what an unbreakable one would look like, helmet or skidplate?

While not being in love with what I’ve seen out there, does not mean I will purchase the DT skid plate just curious what other options might become available. After all creativity in designs of components should be embraced, as most always many after-market parts have room for improvement.

The Flatlands version I had on my Honda was good and strong, made noise, but most aluminum ones do. It saved that engine many times, and kept me riding. The one I had on my Aprilia RXV550 was from B&B Off-Road, it used a different type of design and was stronger and offered more protection than the standard "ear" styles.

And how that has anything to do with personal protection alludes me.

BTW, I change my dirt helmets every two or three years, and if I scratch a street helmet from a trackday it goes In the garbage the next day.

It didn't elude you.

Trade-offs for designed purpose.

Helmets are different for off road, track, Harley

Riders,,,style comfort protection

Same with plates

Weight is a common consideration. Heat dissapation

And mainly protection

Good luck