Copper Beryllium Seats

So im rebuilding the head in my 250f and I hear the best way to go is to replace the stock seats with copper beryllium seats and get them recut to match new OE valves. What is a good company to go with when buying the seats? Should I get new OEM springs too? or aftermarket? Staying stock with the titanium valves. Do buckets normally get replaced as well?

No need (or reason) to replace seats unless your current ones are too worn/damaged or you are going to oversize valves.

OEM parts are typically best.

Do not replace the buckets. Also, be sure to use the buckets in the same paces they currently are.

Whoever does your head, just ensure they use a Serdi machine.

Had a valve bucket shear into pieces last season, I replaced all of them just to be sure. I would do it if an engine has more than 100 hrs.

Al

No need (or reason) to replace seats unless your current ones are too worn/damaged or you are going to oversize valves.

OEM parts are typically best.

Do not replace the buckets. Also, be sure to use the buckets in the same paces they currently are.

Whoever does your head, just ensure they use a Serdi machine.

The copper seats are supposed to be better for Ti valves right? While im in there im gonna go ahead and do it. Unless you are telling me to stay away from them for some reason?

Buckets seem like cheap insurance to me at $21 a piece at motosport. Why not?

Yes a serdi will be used. Im actually waiting for my local shop to get their machine set up. They just got the serdi in yesterday. Should be sometime next week before they are able to start

Had a valve bucket shear into pieces last season, I replaced all of them just to be sure. I would do it if an engine has more than 100 hrs.

Al

The bike has 105 hrs. I started to have to adjust my valves at closer intervals.

Ended up having to go in the bottom end so im doing everything at once. 

Edited by TTurner161

Which 250f?

www.fastheads.com is who did my crf250 head with copper intake seats. on a smaller valved head like the 5 valve yz250f the valves are much lighter and dont NEED the copper seats. The crf line has a seat material that hates ti valves. Other 4 valve bikes seen to last longer

It a 09 kx. 4 valve. I still want to do it regardless.

I'm out of town now so I don't have access to my guys parts unlimited book but it was either the exhaust seats or intakes listed in parts unlimited are wrong. The od of the seat was like same as head so clearly they couldn't be press fit properly and would of fallen out when the head got home. Kibble white won't sell their copper seats to the public you have to go through a distributor ( like parts unlimited). So I ended up having to order through summit racing for whichever set was wrong in the parts unlimited catalog.

Usually will1am and I agree 100% on everything but I disagree here. If your going through the trouble to do new TI valves spend the extra 75$ retail cost for kibble whites copper seats.