Sign in to follow this  

Sticker Adhesive won't come off....

Long story short, I picked up a used 8x12 trailer that used to have a Harley logo on the back of it (see pic) Now, I've go the stick off but a good amount of "glue" is left on. I've tried using Good-Off, Brake cleaner, and other stuff to get it off with hardly any results. Have any of you had a similar experience? Any tips? Thanks.

That's a tough bugger if all that doesn't work. I've always had good luck with letting wd40 soak in and elbow grease

You may have to strip the paint in that area. There are 'commercial' solvents that will remove the glue easily but may damage the paint too. A local body shop can get the glue off and minimize the damage.

not cheap, has worked for me on similar items when nothing else did.

removcanada.com

Acetone will take it off, just be sure to test it on an inconspicuous area first.

I have worked in the OTRtruck&trailer repair for 37 years  mostly body&paint and we have a lot of trouble with decal &glue removal.What we work with for the glue is grease and wax remover for prepaint prep. It will not lift the paint.Soak a rag, wet a small area and use a rubber or plastic scraper ,do it where it is cool and not in the sun.Good luck its still a MO-FO!Come back let us know if it worked.

I couldn't see the picture, but you can also use a hair dryer heat it up and "roll"  it off, be ready for some sore thumbs tho lol. then you can usually get the excess after that with rubbing alcohol.

purple power.  had adhesive all on the side of our van and purple power took it off.   dont know what color your trailer is tho.  straight purple power will eat the clear and leave the paint flat.  if its white you wont notice a difference

Heat gun to soften then use duct tape rolled in you hand like a lint remover. Glue on glue might work.

I know a lot of people just put GOO B GONE on a rag and expect it to work. It doesn't. You must follow the instructions to the letter and it actually works, albeit a little labor intensive.

I know a lot of people just put GOO B GONE on a rag and expect it to work. It doesn't. You must follow the instructions to the letter and it actually works, albeit a little labor intensive.

No instructions on my bottle whats-so-ever. What should I be doing with it instead of putting on a rag?