Sign in to follow this  

California Kennedy mdw trip

I have a long weekend weekend of Oct. 5. I was seeing if there is any interest. I have Monday off to get some extra riding time in. The fall colors should be going pretty good by then. Weather should be very nice this time of year.

Bill,

That's the weekend of the national hare & hound, or I would really be up for KM. The nights should be chilly, however.

Speaking of chilis, the sprouts are coming along great and are 6" tall, the jalapeno is flowering, the eggplant is happy.

See you soon.

• Like 1

Victor, Oct 6 is Viewfinders GP. 100s is the following weekend.

I'd love to get up there again this year. I have a birthday part to attend in San Jose on Oct 5 though.

Edited by XR250rdr

I have a long weekend weekend of Oct. 5. I was seeing if there is any interest. I have Monday off to get some extra riding time in. The fall colors should be going pretty good by then. Weather should be very nice this time of year.

Do you have Fri off as well or just Monday?

Do you have Fri off as well or just Monday?

monday. My son has a 4 day weekend. He might go too. So I'm taking Monday off.

darn, already reserved a beach camping trip from 6-8 (Sun-Tue)

Dude, Summer is over.  Plenty notice to get a refund :ride:

• Like 1

I don't think they can get out there this time before the first one, if they are out there in km, possibly start from lower R and ride up for a warm up. Skip the baby trails and go straight for the good ones, is what they said to me before they got to me. No need for water either

Dude, Summer is over.  Plenty notice to get a refund :ride:

We are going to San Onofre Military Beach.  You gotta love the hookups on the beach. This is southern california dude......

I did cancel my Doheny trip that was scheduled for late October though.  The desert should be looking appetizing real soon.

I'm thinking this will be the last beach trip til spring. Which reminds me to be ready for the April reserve window opening Tues morning.  

• Like 1

Is there 3G or 4G cell coverage on the plateau?

Only 5G, sorry. You gotta get a newer phone with it. It works via the space station.

Any other questions?

We are going to San Onofre Military Beach.  You gotta love the hookups on the beach. This is southern california dude......

I did cancel my Doheny trip that was scheduled for late October though.  The desert should be looking appetizing real soon.

I'm thinking this will be the last beach trip til spring. Which reminds me to be ready for the April reserve window opening Tues morning.

Nice place to camp! How do you get reservations, my father in law is old Marine? Short walk to Lowers but good for you even shorter to Old Mans;)

Nice place to camp! How do you get reservations, my father in law is old Marine? Short walk to Lowers but good for you even shorter to Old Mans;)

http://www.mccscp.com/sites/default/files/pdf/recreation/beaches/san-onofre-beach-map.pdf

http://mccscp.com/san-onofre-beach

there is info and a number to call for reservations.  advance timelines for different categories.  like old retired guys like me can only do 10 weeks in advance. where active is 12.  

http://www.mccscp.com/sites/default/files/pdf/recreation/beaches/san-onofre-beach-map.pdf

http://mccscp.com/san-onofre-beach

there is info and a number to call for reservations.  advance timelines for different categories.  like old retired guys like me can only do 10 weeks in advance. where active is 12.

Thanks. We've been able to do this for 10 years and never even considered it. Learn something new every day!