yz250 vs yz450f

I didn't really know were else to put this to get both sides of the idea. Im a die hard 2 stroke guy, my friend will a 2 stroke but claims 4 strokes are the faster bikes in a drag. so im wondering in a race between the two wich would be faster if they are both just bone stock. again Im posting this here because if I put it in one of the model specific ones I would get ideas from one side or the other

Faster in what scenario? Drag? MX? SX? Harescramble? 90% of the speed comes from the rider, not the bike.

You have to have a better criteria than a drag race. If your a 100% desert racer or the Salt Flats...maybe the 450. But if your a woods, trail, even MX and Desert - the two stroke is the way to go. Ride both in your favorite terrain and see for yourself. Four Strokes are neat, but I am not selling my YZ 250 for one.

I was talking drag in like a hard sand type terrain, its a spot were we all ride and its really long and as about smooth as we can get were mostly ride. I would race him, but I don't have a dirtbike at all, but im looking at selling the quad and buying a dirt bike for a first dirtbike, and he doesn't have his yz250f any more. not really in the main point here but would I be able to handle  the power of  250 in the dirt and sand?

Probably the 450, its better at putting all the HP to the ground. Another factor would be how long the drag is, if its longer the 250 would have a better chance.

Edit: In response to your last post, if you ride sand you'll like a 250 2t, you'll need the hp.

Edited by dan2581

Im alos starting to ride more trails to, would i stil be able to handle the power then after riding in sand afew times

Faster in what scenario? Drag? MX? SX? Harescramble? 90% of the speed comes from the rider, not the bike.

+1