Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys im a 14 year old kid, and I was wondering if a KTM 125sx would be good for me. I am a moderate to beginner rider but. I am 5'5 and 95lbs

what sort of riding are you going to be doing? what are your previuos rides? how much do you have to spend?

I am going to be using it for MX and Trail riding. I found one on craigslist in my local area. It was 550 and it said it had some trouble running at times and I was gonna fix it up. I have been trail riding, MX, and leisure rides. BTW I am buying my own bike

Hello wonderful people of thumper talk. I am in a bit of predicament. I want to get a ktm 125sx off of craigslist for 600$ with some engine problems. Or there is the 05 kx 85 for 550 with only needing a choke cable. I am 5'6 or 5'5 idk and weigh 95lbs. Thanks I am also considering a yz 125 or a cr125®.

Thank You

At your weight you will need to get suspension on a full size bike re-sprung for your weight, which will be a couple hundred dollars extra before paying somebody to do it. I would go with the 85, it is more appropriate for your size.

• Like 1

Yeah your right but I have no intentions of racing either. I need to have a bike for about 5 years because my parents don't believe in this but are willing enough to let me to get one. I have to do all the work myself to get my money. I believe that this is the one for me because I need one this size to grow into because I am only supposed to be 5'8 at max

I agree the kx100 would be great! I rode the fire outta my old yz80. Had a buddys that had a kx 85 and a kx100. Both were fun bikes. Both had the upper hand on my bike power wise.

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy a bike from an owner that says that it "only needs a choke cable" when the bike doesn't even come with one. That little of knowledge will lead to trouble when the time comes to purchase. Granted, it could be only a throttle cable, though.

Buy neither. Small problems that the owner could fix for cheap and sell the bike for higher makes me leary. Could be a bigger problem then led on to believe....

• Like 2