Sign in to follow this  

Who makes the most protective boots

Ive broke my right foot in garene sg10s 5 or 6 years ago now im recovering from my left foot being broke in tech 8s. Just wondering from motocross racers what your experience's are and what u like im leaning towards the sidi crossfire 2s or maybe sg12 and do u guys like booties or no booties protection wise ? Thanks

Ive broke my right foot in garene sg10s 5 or 6 years ago now im recovering from my left foot being broke in tech 8s. Just wondering from motocross racers what your experience's are and what u like im leaning towards the sidi crossfire 2s or maybe sg12 and do u guys like booties or no booties protection wise ? Thanks

I've had all sidi's, garnae's, and alpine stars. I'd say garnae's are by far most protective.

You can break you foot in anything if you crash just right. I think good boots and maybe mod your riding style to protect your feet maybe?

These look interesting too.

http://www.anklesavers.com/

Edited by SMarquez

I know I could break my foot in anything I guess im just looking for a little bit of security im a bigger guy 6-3 250 but im a b vet rider I really think this time the boot flexed to much

And both times was from a crash this last time I crossed rutted on the face of a triple and cased the landing the bike leaned hard left when it bounced and I guess I instinctively put my left foot out as I was going down

years back the oxtars were the most solid boot i could find but when the bike landed on it sideways it just crumpled and broke four metatarsals... i'd agree you'll break something no matter which boot but at least you lessen your chances with a decent boot. wearing crossfires now.

i know some boots have steel shanks in the sole which might reduce the chances of crumpling from a side impact but figured even the best boots will have their weak and strong areas. 

as others have said, boots are just a buffer, they are all just a compromise and you can and will still break bones in any of em, they are just meant to minimize the injury. i took a good digger a while back and broke my toe in a pair of sg12 in an area where there is no flex in the boot. IMO any of the higher lined boots will all work about the same from astars to sidi to gaerne.

pick one based on fitment first and foremost, and then just pick something you like aesthetically as the difference in safety between any of them is minimal at best. i dont even use "safety" as a deciding factor because IMO they all protect about the same as long as its a quality brand. obviously if you see something that just doesnt sit well with you, then avoid them but ive had a hardtime finding anything wrong with any of the higher lined boots ive looked at. for reference, when i say quality boot i mean sg10/tech 8 and above.

Edited by mynewcr250

years back the oxtars were the most solid boot i could find but when the bike landed on it sideways it just crumpled and broke four metatarsals... i'd agree you'll break something no matter which boot but at least you lessen your chances with a decent boot. wearing crossfires now.

i know some boots have steel shanks in the sole which might reduce the chances of crumpling from a side impact but figured even the best boots will have their weak and strong areas.

How do u like the crossfires compared to other boots u have used

How do u like the crossfires compared to other boots u have used

the most comfortable i've ever had. extremely hard wearing soles from what i've seen so far. some guys report bits missing after the little screws work loose but i just loctited them all and no problems there. 

most guys say theirs are completely waterproof but i find a bit of dampness works through slowly after standing in creeks for a few seconds. definitely very happy with them but can't say i've tried the gaernes which seem to be the crossfire's main competition in the top end market. 

Cool thanks for the input I like the garenes but just want something different and I know all about dosent matter what boot blah blah blah you guys are right but I think diff boots will help in diff ways do I think I wouldnt have broke my foot of Course not but it could have been better or it could have been worse