Sign in to follow this  

California foresthill worth it?

Heading up that way this sun....prolly solo and have been to Georgetown and enjoyed that even on a 90° day. Is forest hill mostly easy trails or challenging enough? I'm using elk grove as my hub...so any suggestions within an hour of there.

Do trail 6.  It is pretty challenging.  Trail 5 is good too but not hard.

Trail 6 is closed due the the big fire they just had up there. Foresthill is one of the best ,if not the best OHV areas around the Sac area. Yea, most of the trails are wider but many are super smooth if you like going fast, way less woops and loose rock crap than Elkins Flat or Georgetown.

Many say trail 5 is the best trail around... it has a few crux section that will test even an expert to ride them clean.

Hell, you have never been there... got to go at least once. :thumbsup:

Team Slyko on Trial - 5

0kDHc.jpg

Edited by DrKayak
  • Like 1

The lower parts of Foresthill are red soil fireroads good for beginners. If you liked Georgetown you most likely will really enjoy trail 5. Trail 5 is an intermediate run with a few pretty good crux sections that will probably get most non-A riders on at least one or two obstacles.

Trail 6 may still be closed? Hopefully others can chime in. I have not done trail 6 yet.

How funny....DrKayak was posting a similar post as I was typing. That is me in the pic above with him. A great day! I would love to go back. Conditions were about perfect that day. Oh, and it is really scenic.

Definitely hit it up.......and let us know what you thought.

If you go to do trail 5, I think you want to stage at China Wall. It is a bit farther than the main turnoff.

Edited by RabidDove_NorCal

That pic is what I want to ride and I'm no A rider, just like to push myself and get better. I guess I'll give it a try and if I don't like it hit georgetown. Hopefully, I can get my brother to go with me.

thanks

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  I even like the back of my head! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Wow, even face shots!  I'm impressed!

Pictures make it memorable!  Thanks Doc!

My front brakes fell off on that ride.  The cotter pin that holds them in................ broke.  That was the ride Dove learned a big lesson!  ;)

P.S.  The best was when I had my entire kickstart fall off on a ride.  I had to be careful where I stopped,  Spent the rest of the day bump starting it.

Edited by superslyko

I think 6 is open now....as the fire restrictions have been terminated as of midnight tonight.

I am going to FH on Sun. 

Meeting at Sugar Pine Staging area at 9am. I am in a new F150 brown truck with KTM 250.

got a group of 5ish going with.

All good riders, except or 1 or 2 I don't know.

I know FH very well. We will probably end up hitting 5 and doing 5 loop out by china wall (where that pic from drkyac was taken). Just depends on what people want to do.

send me a PM and I will give you my cell if you want to meet up. usually we all meet at the chevron at 80 then drive together to FH

thank for the invite....

I might stage out of chinawall, I'll prolly put on my own so im not sucking dust, but will keep an i out for you guys..

White superduty w/trailor that has tiki torches.

scott

• Like 1

P.S.  The best was when I had my entire kickstart fall off on a ride.  I had to be careful where I stopped,  Spent the rest of the day bump starting it.

Let's see, kickstarter falls off.....brakes fall off......axle nut and spacer fall off....air cleaner cover falls off....

You are littering up the trails...... :naughty:

• Like 1

thank for the invite....

I might stage out of chinawall, I'll prolly put on my own so im not sucking dust, but will keep an i out for you guys..

White superduty w/trailor that has tiki torches.

scott

Doing trail 5 by yourself is possible, a few "challenging" areas but not bad.

I would not recommend trail 6 by yourself. "Things happen" on that trail to folks and your gonna need the help if things go wrong.

The lower trails out of Sugarpine are a blast IMO if your looking for fast, flowing single track. Some people say there too easy, but not every ride needs to be a kick in the ass challenge.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  I even like the back of my head! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Wow, even face shots!  I'm impressed!

Pictures make it memorable!  .....

Yep, it's not real till you see it on the internet. :rolleyes:

Trail 6 is killer... do it !

9jtIg.jpg

Edited by DrKayak

Yep, it's not real till you see it on the internet. :rolleyes:

Trail 6 is killer... do it !

9jtIg.jpg

If your a C rider trail 6 is a bucket list trail.

Then again a buddy did it with a DRZ and this was the actual rear tire of

his DRZ.  Was really hard to feel proud knowing that.

IMG_2917.jpgIMG_2947.jpg

Let's see, kickstarter falls off.....brakes fall off......axle nut and spacer fall off....air cleaner cover falls off....

You are littering up the trails...... :naughty:

You missed your calling as a motorcycle mechanic :lol:

• Like 1

The love in this room is astounding! :thumbsup:

We really aren't talking about me enough.  Somebody is gonna get pissed.

Wait, Wait, Wait!  I got another pic of me somewhere!

IMG_0142.JPG

Oops, that's not me.

P.S.  Feel the mock..................... http://youtu.be/RWF86D_UNxc

Edited by superslyko

Upper Loop 5 at FH:  The Mexican Whorehouse in full sweaty wet spring season

img0132.jpg