Sign in to follow this  

Should i buy a 2009 kawasaki kx250f?

I'm 16, 245 pounds and 6'4". My previous bike was a yz426 but I want to downgrade to something abit more nimble. I've rode 2 strokes and my mates have them but all they seem to do is have more problems and are too busy rebuilding it to come riding. I also rode a crf230 and a sherco 450 and found myself constantly shifting up gears because they lacked top end. I know I'm going to get some people aggro on here but I like to rev my bike and not short shift. Thanks :)

image.jpg

I had a 09 250 with a 270 kit and it was a great bike. I would not get one if I was you size. I was 210-215 and I was pushing it. Best to go 450

I had a 09 250 with a 270 kit and it was a great bike. I would not get one if I was you size. I was 210-215 and I was pushing it. Best to go 450

would a 250 2stroke be good?

At your size, you would probably want to stay clear of a 250f. I'm around 185 pounds and I find that even at my size, I am at the very upper limits of a 125/250f power wise. A 250 2t is a very good bike and if you perform proper maintaince, a 2 stroke is very reliable. 4 strokes can go longer without "blowing up" but when they do, it's big and costs thousands of dollars. In theory, if you ride it right and look after it and change a piston and rings every 50 hours, a 250 2t should never really blow up except for under crazy circumstances.

At your size, you would probably want to stay clear of a 250f. I'm around 185 pounds and I find that even at my size, I am at the very upper limits of a 125/250f power wise. A 250 2t is a very good bike and if you perform proper maintaince, a 2 stroke is very reliable. 4 strokes can go longer without "blowing up" but when they do, it's big and costs thousands of dollars. In theory, if you ride it right and look after it and change a piston and rings every 50 hours, a 250 2t should never really blow up except for under crazy circumstances.

Thanks alot leafsrule16 and your opinion means alot to me. But does anyone know if a 300 exc or gas gas would be good for me?