Sign in to follow this  

Caught a big one!

Added a clean low-mile 2010 Husaberg FE 570 to the stable! Amazing bike!!!!!

It's surprisingly similar to a DR-Z - the handling is like a mix of the DR-Z and the older generation Husabergs. It's like a DR-Z that feels 30kg lighter - it is around 15kg less? not sure, 114kg dry weight and much better centralized and lower. 6 speed box, perfect fuel injection, and tons of very tractable power - the stock bike's 55rwhp aren't scary at all, just goooooood. And the grace and agility - my god. I was laughing inside my helmet when it hit me after a lane change just how beautifully this thing handles. Hard to explain - very subtle. Beautifully designed dynamics.

The only thing that it is missing to be the perfect vehicle is the ability to take a passenger.

• Like 5

Added a clean low-mile 2010 Husaberg FE 570 to the stable! Amazing bike!!!!!

It's surprisingly similar to a DR-Z - the handling is like a mix of the DR-Z and the older generation Husabergs. It's like a DR-Z that feels 30kg lighter - it is around 15kg less? not sure, 114kg dry weight and much better centralized and lower. 6 speed box, perfect fuel injection, and tons of very tractable power - the stock bike's 55rwhp aren't scary at all, just goooooood. And the grace and agility - my god. I was laughing inside my helmet when it hit me after a lane change just how beautifully this thing handles. Hard to explain - very subtle. Beautifully designed dynamics.

The only thing that it is missing to be the perfect vehicle is the ability to take a passenger.

is that the slanted motor berg? i want 1 of those .. i think its like a 2009 fs570 is what i want..

post pics!

It doesnt exist. thats why he didnt post pictures. hes just telling stories...

Yes Anthon, I think we would all like to see some pictures of this luscious babe.....and I'm assuming with blue rims..... :smirk:

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 2

Now the name fits

Anthon BERG

haha!! pure coincidence :D been using that name online since before I had any idea about dirt bikes!!

• Like 1

Haha!!

... Here are some pics - the one in front of the garage is a little oversharpened so it looks less clean than it is, and then the last 2 pics are sales photos from the PO and are sliiightly rosy in some respects :) ... the bike is somewhere in between. Still, most of the plastics are still shiny! Very good!

btw, It's got the aftermarket subframe tank - the entire subframe is a plastic gas tank. Pretty cool.

bátahöfn.jpg

hjá-skúr.jpg

vinstri-hlið.jpg

hægri hlið fixed.JPG

And here's a little something for your neck pain and trouble previously :) heheh

xanax_3.jpg

• Like 4

Haha!!

... Here are some pics - the one in front of the garage is a little oversharpened so it looks less clean than it is, and then the last 2 pics are sales photos from the PO and are sliiightly rosy in some respects :) ... the bike is somewhere in between. Still, most of the plastics are still shiny! Very good!

btw, It's got the aftermarket subframe tank - the entire subframe is a plastic gas tank. Pretty cool.

And here's a little something for your neck pain and trouble previously :) heheh

My neck doesnt seem to hurt anymore. weird. haha. 

that looks fun. How are you going to be able to bring yourself to possibly mess it up riding in the dirt? 570? that thing has gotta be quick..

Haha!!

bátahöfn.jpg

hjá-skúr.jpg

vinstri-hlið.jpg

hægri hlið fixed.JPG

xanax_3.jpg

very clean take it on some dunes :D

Haha!!

attachicon.gifbátahöfn.jpg

attachicon.gifhjá-skúr.jpg

attachicon.gifvinstri-hlið.jpg

attachicon.gifhægri hlið fixed.JPG

attachicon.gifxanax_3.jpg

That bike is the "bee's knees" as someone on here once said. I'd have it in a heartbeat.....very nice bikes!! Congrats    :thumbsup:

Thank you all :) I am very happy to be able to keep the dr-z too - such a nice bike. It's not as out-of-this-world as the Husaberg, but it's still a great great bike that I love heaps. The dr-z is magic! It really is!

Good grab for you Anthon! Hows the maintenence schedule on it? Is it like the very needy KTMs or the super high maintenence BMW 450x? I have seen a 'Berg like that close up and found it to be very interesting. Would like to ride one someday. Be careful with all that HP and have some fun!!! :D

Pretty low maintenance, compared. Wayyyyyy more reliable than the previous-gen Husabergs (and does give up a little bit of the sheer knife-edge laugh-inside-your-helmet brutality of the old generation). The sloper Bergs are heavier-duty, and so lower-maintenance, but then what weight is added is "hidden" with good design and weight/rotating-mass centralization. The valves don't move for hundreds of hours, rebuilds an unusual occurrence, oil capacity is decent and oil analysis shows that with a non-race riding style, the oil is fine for 1000-2000-mile intervals.

• Like 2