JohnnyUtah's Mods List

Not sure how useful of a thread this will be, but at least it will help me keep track of what I've done so far. Who knows, maybe someone else will be interested in similar mods and I can share my thoughts/experiences with them. At some point I will try and post pictures highlighting each mod. Otherwise I will post pictures per request for those interested. I also expect you all to hold me accountable to completing the list!

For reference, I own a 2014 Honda crf250l that was bought brand new in August. Since that time, I have made the following changes to my ride:

Reflector removal

Debadging/sticker removal

Stock foot brake and shift levers*

DRC Edge 2 integrated tail light, smoked

Fixed rate turn signal flasher

DRC wide foot pegs*

Zeta heel guard*

Zeta chain guard*

Zeta skid plate*

Zeta front and rear brake reservoir covers*

Zeta oil filter cover*

Zeta oil filler plug*

Zeta engine plugs*

Zeta sprocket cover*

Zeta hand guards

Zeta XC flasher protectors

Flatland Racing radiator guard*

PowerMadd handguard mirrors

FMF Q4 slip on muffler

FMF megabomb header

EJK fuel programmer

Modded airbox

13T front sprocket

Acerbis universal lower fork guards, black

Acerbis SM front fender, white

7.5 in Honda crossbar pad

All weather USB plug (best mod ever!)

RAM mounting system for iPhone

Grey plastic cover near right side engine case, painted satin black

Stock gas cap, painted satin black

42T JT rear sprocket

BikerBitz brake master cylinder guard*

Adventure Spec engine case guards*

To Do:

Polish exhaust (want to see if I can turn it blue)

Install Zeta shorty levers (if they ever show up)

Install spoke skins (have red, might switch to black)

Install folding foot shift lever*

Potential Purchases:

Folding foot brake lever

305 cc BB kit

Speedo corrector

SS brake lines (Hel or Galfer)

Lighter battery (Shorai)

Race Tech suspension, front and rear

* Indicates an item that was powder coated in satin black

By no means are these lists exhaustive. Again, feel free to ask any questions related to these mods and I will do my best to answer them for you. This is the second bike I have heavily modded so hopefully I'm getting better at this haha. Cheers.

Edited by JohnnyUtah787

what was the first bike?? I'm putting my Mod's in my Signature--

To all, anyone have a link for  resistor plug cap for our bikes?

what was the first bike?? I'm putting my Mod's in my Signature--

2009 Suzuki SV650s turned street fighter.

BEFORE:

Bike.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_1047.jpg

Edited by JohnnyUtah787

Johnny, nice mod list. Great work. I know you said pics on request, but I'm sure a lot of us would like to see most of these mods. I've never heard of the Powermadd stuff. I looked up the website and I like their hand guards.

Did their mirrors mount easily to the zeta guards? Can I see a pic of that? Are they stable at higher speed or do they shake some? Thanks.

Johnny, nice mod list. Great work. I know you said pics on request, but I'm sure a lot of us would like to see most of these mods. I've never heard of the Powermadd stuff. I looked up the website and I like their hand guards.

Did their mirrors mount easily to the zeta guards? Can I see a pic of that? Are they stable at higher speed or do they shake some? Thanks.

Really simple mount to the Zeta protectors, just drilled a hole through and bolted them down. Been up over 70 and haven't noticed any vibration. The protectors are off at the moment as I am getting the guards powder coated, but I'll try and grab a pic for you tomorrow.

please add some pic's to your original post .... I have yet to create a build thread simply because ... I ain't done building yet ..  :p

please add some pic's to your original post .... I have yet to create a build thread simply because ... I ain't done building yet ..  :p

I'll snap some tomorrow.

Nice job on your bike . I'm going darker colors on mine here and there also . How did the Acerbis fork guards mount up ?Did you order them for the 250 R or L . Are they matt or satin ? Thanks in advance for the info .

Nice job on your bike . I'm going darker colors on mine here and there also . How did the Acerbis fork guards mount up ?Did you order them for the 250 R or L . Are they matt or satin ? Thanks in advance for the info .

They are more of a matte black, definitely not gloss. Mounting was so-so. They are a full circle so if you want to mount them you have to take the wheel or forks off. I wasn't about to do that so I used a dremel to cut down the seam on the back, that way I could just slip them around the forks. The area to mount the brake line didn't fit either so I had to modify it. In retrospect, I wouldn't buy these again.

Thanks for the info . Looks like I am going to use some auto quality satin black on my white guards . Also I think I will make a skid plate from some aluminum I have here . It'll have to curve around like the Flatlands - just take some bending and welding . 

Some of all the Zeta parts that got powder coated in satin black:

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Radiator guard:

IMG_1253.jpg

Exhaust (I debadged it but now I'm not sure I like the look):

IMG_1249.jpg

Tail light:

IMG_1252.jpg

Front fender and fork guards:

IMG_1247.jpg

Looks great Johnny.  :thumbsup:

You'll never be done...   :doh:   The question is will we ever get a build thread...   :prof:

You'll never be done...   :doh:   The question is will we ever get a build thread...   :prof:

+1

Time to start that thread Gnath  :thumbsup: . If you don't look out, some of us may catch you... :p

Edited by JohnnyUtah787

That is one fine looking CRF.   :ride:  I like all of the black powder coated Zeta parts.  They look sharp.  :thumbsup:

Happy Motoring my friend....

Edited by dkappelm

Lookin good.....I might  need to have a triple clamp powder coated this winter, what would the average price be.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Headbanger02

Lookin good.....I might  need to have a triple clamp powder coated this winter, what would the average price be.... :thumbsup:

At the shop I use, I would imagine like $10.

Thanks for all the compliments. Once I get some items back from powder coating I'll add more pics. Still not quite sure of the direction I am going with the color scheme but we shall see.