Sign in to follow this  

Drz400sm what setup?

Drz400sm 2008. 3x3 k&n two brothers slip on and JD jet kit. Just moved from 4500ft elevation to fort hood Texas area at 1000 ft elevation and 90+ degrees and high humidity. Question is what setup for the JD jet kit? And what jets? I have 155main 20 pilot and red needle 3rd slot now. I thank you in advance!

It seemed as if I hit a rev limiter at the top end. I'm guessing larger main? at cruising in the mid rang it seemed like it was bogging down. I'm guessing blue needle? Its very humid here 90% this am and 95 degrees.

• Like 1

It seemed as if I hit a rev limiter at the top end. I'm guessing larger main? at cruising in the mid rang it seemed like it was bogging down. I'm guessing blue needle? Its very humid here 90% this am and 95 degrees.

If you are not on the limiter, high rpm misfire indicates leanness....so larger main jet needed, a 155 is not far away from where it needs to be, I would think it wouldn't be that lean to cause any misfire...anyhow.. try a 160 main jet...

The needle is too lean for sure, I would run blue needle clip 3 for your present conditions

Use 22.5 pj with extended fuel screw or 25 pj with stock fuel screw..2.75 turns

Alright I'll try that setup. Currently I had to drop to a 20 PJ due to the extended fuel screw having no effect with the 22.5