Klx upgrade

K so I posted a week or so ago about wanting to upgrade from my klx 125. Got my eye out for a ktm 200 after getting some much needed advice and test driving one. So far I haven't found one for sale yet that I can afford, so until I find that perfect bike, is there anything I can do to give my old klx a little more pep?

K so I posted a week or so ago about wanting to upgrade from my klx 125. Got my eye out for a ktm 200 after getting some much needed advice and test driving one. So far I haven't found one for sale yet that I can afford, so until I find that perfect bike, is there anything I can do to give my old klx a little more pep?

anything done to it as of now?

Not as of yet. It's getting an oil change, new plug, air filter cleaning and new chain tomorrow. When I got the thing I found out the previous owner had raced it poor thing :(. So I'm always very nice to it lol. It's just basic

I was a little surprised when told it had been raced. Love the bike to death, but it's not an mx bike

Not as of yet. It's getting an oil change, new plug, air filter cleaning and new chain tomorrow. When I got the thing I found out the previous owner had raced it poor thing :(. So I'm always very nice to it lol. It's just basic

it's a klx125 don't be nice! Lol beat it. It's dead reliable man. Just change the oil, clean the filter and don't run the rev limiter.

Anyways

Get a pipe. It will give a noticeable difference

Get a UNI air filter

Jet it for the pipe and UNI

Big bore it(you can do this for fairly cheap on these)

Get different sprockets(do you want to go faster, or for it to accelerate quicker?)

Get a different cam.

Put vents and cut the snorkel off your air box

Revalve the suspension and it'll feel like a new bike

I could go on and on, but it's pointless if I don't know your budget? How much do you want to spend? Then I'll tell you what will make the most difference.

Id like to stay under $1500 on it. That was one thing I forgot about it has an fmf powercore on it. I would like it to just be faster, but faster acceleration wouldn't be bad either

Id like to stay under $1500 on it. That was one thing I forgot about it has an fmf powercore on it. I would like it to just be faster, but faster acceleration wouldn't be bad either

for $1500 you can have a fresh, and pretty wild little bike. I'd look up some big bore kits. Probably the BBR kits, I beleive the come with a cam and only cost around $400. But that then loget an different air filter( UNI ) and air box vents, and cut the snorkel off. Then I'd change your sprockets out. Maybe even find a kx85. Or kx80 front forks and swap them. You can do a whole lot with $1500. The big bore kit will make the best change, then do air box mods then get a jet kit. You'll never know it's the same bike! You can have all this done for under $5-600

Perfect. That's even better to hear that I can do all that for around $600. I don't know why I never thought about putting kx 85 forks on it. I'm sure it would plush the suspension up a little. I'm not a speed racer usually, but I like having it even if I don't always use it:)

I found some kx 100 forks and a kx 100 rear shock & spring. Will they fit on my bike? From what it looks like a kx 85 & kx 100 are pretty much the same bike except the 100 has a little more pep

I found some kx 100 forks and a kx 100 rear shock & spring. Will they fit on my bike? From what it looks like a kx 85 & kx 100 are pretty much the same bike except the 100 has a little more pep

the forks should. Look up what thickness (mm). Yours are and what thickness( mm ) kx100 forks are.

As for the rear sick I'm not sure. It may need grounded a little but do a google search and see if you can find anything out !

from experience, put your time and effort into new bike. after spending many dollars on my klx o6 model, my old 97 kx 125 suspensioni is still light years ahead and eats up bumps and jumps.

On my 2013 klx 250 there is an electric wire that links the clutch to the electronics in the motor (electronic ignition now). Unplug it and shunt the plug with electric wire 1,5 thick. Very easy, can be done without climbing off the bike. that will activate another ignition map and give you 1000 rpm more (in France the bike is restrained at 7000 rpm in 5th and 6th gear). Brings top speed to 130

I went for a 13t front sprocket, and a kx air box snorkel. Had the anti-pollution system removed from the stock pipe. Gears are shorter, bike torquier thru all the power band, and louder too. Haven't lost my top speed either !

If you do only one thing, do the sprocket

Don't think I have that. My bikes a 2003