2011 yz450f kickstarter locks up

took it on my first desert ride with it yeaterday ( have taken it to the track 3 times), twice the kickstarter locked up i couldn't move it at all. i had to put it in gear and rock it back and forth to free it. we had some slower people with us so i was shutting off the bike and starting it a lot ( probably 40 times throughout the day) because i was worried it might overheat if it just let it idle. it was also hard to start a few times, most the time it started on the first kick but a few times i had to kick it upwards of 10 kicks to get it started. the bike seemed to run fine besides that. it has about 25 hrs total on it so i don't think it would be valve clearence issue but this is my first 4 stroke so i don't really know much about them. i did change to a map that was richer on bottom and a little bit retarded ignition, not sure if that's a factor. anyone have this problem before?

its interesting how the AD works but the kickstarter wasn't just hard to kick, it wouldn't move at all even with almost all my weight on it, as i thought it was just in the hard part of the compression stroke the first time it happened. if the cam timing chain had slipped would there be a noticible difference in performance?