yz 250 vs cr 250 vs rm 250

whats a trials tire, and i dont want a auto clutch, im riding alot of sand to. Ive been rising quads all my life so i can handle using a clutch. Is there anything that makes the yz sore over the other two?

its still in production , its a yamaha , and arguably the best general purpose bike available. The trials tire reference is either a attempt to ruin your day or just a bad idea. Some woods guys love em . But since you're primarily dune riding i'd say its the dumbest idea ever
  • Like 3

its still in production , its a yamaha , and arguably the best general purpose bike available. The trials tire reference is either a attempt to ruin your day or just a bad idea. Some woods guys love em . But since you're primarily dune riding i'd say its the dumbest idea ever

Hate to say it being a Suzuki fan but he's right  :(

Trials tires are for trials bikes and ghey on MX bikes   :lame:

Im guna have the chance to ride a 97 rm 250 on thursday. We will see if i like the handling on it better than the yz250f i rode. if I like the handling on the rm better than I did on the yzf what would be a good year to look for?

Edited by dmonster

From what ive read, the YZ250 has the most usable motor with a strong low end, strong mid and strong top.

The CR250 varies through the years. It's motor seems to be more explosive than the YZ250's. Weaker low end, crazy mid, and decent top.

1999 and 2001 are the best motor years.

Cant comment about the RM, havent read much about it

I don't want a super explosive power band, this will be my first dirt bike. so wich of the three gives the most smooth power band and transition from low-mid-top end?

I love honda 2 smokers, but yeah, YZs transition better, from what I've heard RM250s are explosice like the crs, as much as I hate saying it buy a yaamaha ?

06+ Yamaha's are among the best 2 strokes ever made, later models after 01 RM's are up there too and the CR seems to be a few steps behind motorwise. The later generation cr's handled great but had weaker motors, the older ones had better motors but stiffer, less forgiving frames. I'd say shoot for an 06+ YZ but if you go older, an RM250 is a great bike and probably the best all around, do it all 2 stroke.