Sign in to follow this  

2006 Honda CRF250R Need help with jetting

Hi all!

A friend of mine has a 2006 Crf250r which has a terrible bog, we need to get this bike running crisp.

None of us have any experience in 4-stroke jetting as we both used to ride 2 strokes.

First of, is the bog lean or rich? It bogs very bad if i crack the throttle from idle, rolling it is fine. Also bogs on the track when going WOT for 2-3 seconds.

Ive read alot of threads about the 06 bogging problem, but never seem to get a good answer.

I know the leak jet has to be changed, and some does the oring mod.

Ive seen the JD jetting kits, but they seem to come with only the needle and main jets. 

I think buying separate jets will be cheaper, but i dont know where to buy them, any suggestions?

Riding conditions:

800-1000ft

50-70F (10-20C)

Track riding at mostly sand and gravel tracks with many jumps and thight corners.

95 ron fuel

Has any of you had luck with the Pro Circuit specs?

main pilot  needle    pos  f-screw      leak

CRF 250    172   40    NHFS       3      1 3/4        70   Raise Float 2mm

Pro Circuit  170   42    NHFT       3        2            45   Remove Float Bowl Baffle

I need some clear answers with good info.

Thanks in advance

Edited by henrik_s
  • Like 1

leave the pilot/fuel screw/needle/main alone.

Ensure the AP squirts (strongly) Insall a #40 leak jet.

Oring mod does not apply to your bike

No one nails the throttle from idle. If the bike does not bog during normal actiual riding, there is nothing wrong.

leave the pilot/fuel screw/needle/main alone.

Ensure the AP squirts (strongly) Insall a #40 leak jet.

Oring mod does not apply to your bike

No one nails the throttle from idle. If the bike does not bog during normal actiual riding, there is nothing wrong.

Thanks! What do you think about the PC specs? Is the leak jet enough to make the bike as crisp as possible?

Thanks! What do you think about the PC specs? Is the leak jet enough to make the bike as crisp as possible?

As mentioned, tuning the apump system is required to get top notch throttle response.

40 Leak jet, linkage adjustment, and making sure visually that the squirt is going all the way into the head while barley missing the slide are all needed tasks.

Test with motor off, and lift up sub frame.

The Procircuit specs are for when you use their pipe at 1000ft elevation.

Read the 'how to confirm your pilot setting' at the top of the forum written by William regarding pilot size. It's all you need to know about getting the correct pilot size.

Thanks Krannie!

Which is the best place to look for jets? I live in Norway, and we dont have many shops here, so online is my bet. BTO sports sells Oem jets, is oem the way to go or can i find aftermarket jets that are as good or better?