Sign in to follow this  

Works Connection vs. Pro Taper Clutch and Perch

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Works Connection Elite Clutch Perch or the Pro Taper Profile Clutch Perch. The adjuster on my OEM clutch doesn't work properly and is nearly impossible to turn on the fly to adjust the clutch lever, and in hare scrambles I need to be able to adjust it a few times during the race. Not sure how my OEM one got screwed up, or if it was like that since day one, but I need to find a good replacement. My bike is a 2013 CRF250r. The lever and perch look brand new still since I've always used hand guards since the first ride on the bike. I was wondering what the difference between the two is, and also if I can buy just the spinning adjuster and perch instead of the 150 dollar assembly since my lever is still brand new.

I've had a Works Connection perch and really liked it. Best I've used so far. Had a light pull and a nice action IMO (On a KX 450F)  :thumbsup: .

Haven't used the Pro-Taper one yet but have one coming ATM. If no one replies first, I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get it and go for a ride (Going on an RM 144. New OEM clutch with Hinson Basket)   :thumbsup: .

If It's better than the Works Connection one it should be brilliant :cool: . I have an ASV Pro perch ATM (On a Honda CRF 250X with Recluse). I like the adjustability but I think the Works connection one is better than the ASV.

Had a Pro-Circuit one as well. That was nothing special but did hold up well (On a KX 250F). All were using Venhill Teflon coated cables.

Edited by AddictedToBling

i used the pro taper clutch perch  and lever on a 09 crf450r and i hated it !!! the lever would not go out enough for the clutch grab point to work right while using two fingers. i sold it and bought a long horn ( older style WC perch and lever) and it worked great. I can now use two fingers and never have the bike stall. and the clutch pull is super easy and the bike is still the stock 4 spring set up ! 

Using the Works that came on my used CRF250R and its quite good for me. I enjoy the feel compared to other perch and OEM that I tried, however I did have quite a bit of issue getting good adjustment on the cable. Never did nail down why that is, but bear in mind it is a used bike so maybe there was something screwed somewhere along the way.

I have the Work Conn with the hot start lever on my WR450.  Love it.  Much lighter pull with the ball bearing pivot and easily adjusts on the fly.

I have a set of Renthal Intelilever 2's on my 04 CR250r and love them. I wouldn't mind trying out the new Pro Taper clutch perch though. It looks cool

• Like 1

Why not something cheaper? Outlaw Racing has a pretty sweet clutch perch. I've had one on my bike for a while with no complaints, and I only paid $28 for a nice looking anodized piece with an easy to use quick adjust. If you're using wrap arounds, you likely don't need pivoting levers. A little teflon tape under the clamp and you're good to go, for a fraction of the price.

Outlaw%20Racing%20Products%20Quick%20Adj

Pro tip: buy it from ebay for cheaper.

I have a set of Renthal Intelilever 2's on my 04 CR250r and love them. I wouldn't mind trying out the new Pro Taper clutch perch though. It looks cool

yup renthal intwlilever 2. I freggin love them. The fly adjuster is ball bearing, and can be adjusted how stiff or loose you want the adjuster to turn. Also has adjuster for how far in/out you desire lever to be