Sign in to follow this  

2012 yz 250f

I just bought a new/used 2012 yz 250f for my son. Bought it used for 4400.00 ,but it is  basically a new bike .The guy I bought it from bought it as a project bike and basically never did anything with it. The only thing he did was replace the rims with silver excels and replace the rear with an 18'' rim. This bike has never even seen dirt .Anyway. with that being said, what is the best mods to do first on this year bike .The guy actually included an R&D power bowl and JD jetting kit ,this will be the first mods .In regards to suspension, what's the best sag setting? Any performance advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Edge

Edited by edge450

what is the best mods to do first on this year bike .

Thanks, Edge

get it dirty and scratch up the plastic.  I hope your son enjoys it, good deal getting a bike with hardly any history.

• Like 2

get it dirty and scratch up the plastic.  I hope your son enjoys it, good deal getting a bike with hardly any history.

Done......took the bike out today, kid loves it! I'll be installing the R& D bowl this week and then play around with the JD kit..Did a couple searches in regards to sag, suspension, performance mods ,etc. Guess I should have done that to begin.

Edge