How to make a 2 stroke faster

So I'm trying to get the most power out of my 2 stroke as possible. I've ready put a wiseco piston and crank, and vforce reeds. What else could I do to make it faster other than a big bore kit?

Porting and head work for two.

Exspansion Chamber, Lectron Carb.

So I'm trying to get the most power out of my 2 stroke as possible. I've ready put a wiseco piston and crank, and vforce reeds. What else could I do to make it faster other than a big bore kit?

A Weisco piston and crank does not add hp. VForce reeds do not add hp. So if you added these items thinking your going to get more hp you wasted a lot of money. Late model YZ's are difficult to improve on for real added hp. There is NO big bang magical hp bolt on for the YZ's . You can get into cyl porting and an aftermarket pipe to add some small gains, but if you want REAL added power, get your suspension rebuilt and revalved/sprung to match your riding style, and then simply hold your throttle wide open longer.

Popular bolt ons (pipe, silencer, reeds) plus head mods, porting, carb mods like boring, good fuel, advancing the timing, overall weight loss and weight loss of moving parts, gearing?

A Weisco piston and crank does not add hp. VForce reeds do not add hp. So if you added these items thinking your going to get more hp you wasted a lot of money. Late model YZ's are difficult to improve on for real added hp. There is NO big bang magical hp bolt on for the YZ's . You can get into cyl porting and an aftermarket pipe to add some small gains, but if you want REAL added power, get your suspension rebuilt and revalved/sprung to match your riding style, and then simply hold your throttle wide open longer.

I got the bike blown up so that's why I got the piston and crank. And my reeds were shot so I just went we the VForce. I also have a pro circuit pipe and silencer. And will a big bore even add much more power?

Boyesen rad valves. vforce reeds are a stock replacement

Corners

easy enough and cheaper than dropping cash and buyin bigger is better mentality, momentum is the key to a 125...

take a small section of free area,put up 2 markers,either tires or barrels,or just sticks.

place them a fair distance apart not to far at first.

now ride in a figure 8 around the markers don`t try to race between the markers at first just get used to riding figure 8`s untill you get get sick of them,slowly ride them at 80% of your fastest pace.

when you get used to that move the markers farther apart and pick up the pace, keep doing this untill you are sick of them...

then do them somemore,start of with them say 20yards apart then work up to 50yards,but don`t rush speed will come just keep working at it...

and be sure to maintain "proper technique" the whole time...

a really really fast guy used to make me do this backintheday untll i puked and was dizzy for months on end,Gawd I miss that guy ;)

Get in the best physical (endurance) shape you can.Faster for longer is what win's races.RV is a great example.

OP, your thread topic says faster which implies mph and more speed. Your OP post says more power. For more speed you can change sprockets and/or put in WR gears for the last 2 or 3 gears. But just make sure you have the power to pull it.

For more power, the answer in two strokes is port work. Best dollar per hp mod is port work. Just ask the banshee guys going from around 32hp stock to over 100 on ported stock cylinders. While you wont get near that type of gain, you will still gain power.

If you meant faster on the MX track, all you need is practice.

And will a big bore even add much more power?

Like suds in soap.

I'm running a 167 in a 125 frame. You can tell a serious difference.

Edited by sabortooth

Seriously, if you are on a yamaha 125 (just a guess) bore it to a 144 and install a Lectron carburator. It will smooth the hit and rev to the moon, and you wont be chasing your jetting.