Ossa's FI 2 stroke prototype

I have had a deposit on one for 2+ years now...  I hope a production version is going to happen.

That's a crazy long time to have a deposit down. I hope it comes out right away for your sake.

The bike is only (done on paper) as of 4 months ago. 

I have had a deposit on one for 2+ years now...  I hope a production version is going to happen.

Were you quoted a price. ?

no quote on price, just kind of went with it and expected it to be 9k or so. Not holding my breath on getting this bike any time soon... or ever. I will let the deposit ride for a little while longer. It has been 2+ years, so what is another year or so. :snore:

Poor Dirt Bike Mag, I am not sure that they even know they are running info that is about a year and a half old.Perhaps they assume no one else knows either.

Poor Dirt Bike Mag, I am not sure that they even know they are running info that is about a year and a half old.Perhaps they assume no one else knows either.

That's damn sad. It's looking like the same exact report from 2 yrs ago. I get more from my local Ossa dealer.

When I ordered my explorer they wouldn't even take a deposit...

(It should be at my house tomorrow! )

I saw a report they a fellow visits the factory and the prototype is on display. I'm sure it is not deadly for production- and with the economy in Spain not likely to be developed really soon...

I know they want one to sell- and reports are the trials bikes and .explorer are selling well. Certainly issues on the early bikes, but it seems they have done well solving those. I understand m started 2nd kick. I'll find out myself tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was over $9k with that suspension etc- but a moot point right now.

I sure like the what I see on the enduro- but of course who knows what it will really be like at this point. I heard some talks about using a GasGas engine to that selling enduro bikes- no idea if that may happen or not. I can see good and bad about that. Seems the OSSA engine is so different it wouldn't lead itself well to a 'regular' one as far as balance etc. but on the other hand it could be a stepping stone to the full OSSA version.

Mark

There is already an Ossa Explorer on craigslist here. Could be a good or bad thing?

There is already an Ossa Explorer on craigslist here. Could be a good or bad thing?

Our Ossa dealer up the street has an explorer and it's a cool bike!!! It is a cross between a trials and enduro bike and it's super light. I think it also has the strength and durability of a trials bike. I mean design wise it's lighter weight than an enduro bike. ..but I don't know. It takes a guy to own one and try it for a while and see how it handles. I wouldn't like it as an only bike but a fun second bike for offroad. The electric starter on the new 300 enduro bikes are the next step and a critical improvement for me so this doesn't have it. It's one or 2 kicks to start though and the trials motor manners are great for tight ugly stuff. I'm not sure about how it would work if you had to hit a hard big hill with power. I'd lean to an enduro bike but I never tried the explorer . The huge benefit is in how fricken light that sucker is. My friend and I were standing over it and just yanking the bars up and down.. Yea!!! the lightness is awesome.  The last June 30 race had one. It has a nice all around feel . Actually it sort of feels like in between a mountain bike and an enduro bike. I'm sure it's fun to ride. The ossa dealer was giving us the push for it and it does have it's benefits for sure.

. anyway this is just a tiny snippet of the bike just before our kahuku extreme race june 30, 13'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIla7KIucmQ

I'd like one for sure but it would be standing in line behind a new Beta 300.. and not for 8 to 9k. If I was more of a trials fiend I think I'd be all over it.

Here's another off the internet view of the explorer.. cool but the one we all are still liking is that 300 electric start.. until then the explorer is a cool little bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqL39sQgzfQ

Edited by hawaiidirtrider