Sign in to follow this  

Freetown Forest BS

Alright I'm getting pretty pissed off about this area. For the most part the trails are awesome. But my issue is who rides there. Not the bikes..but QUADS. Last time I was there I almost ran head on into them. Again today it happened TWICE. A group of about 4-5 quads come ripping down the trail and pretty much push myself and my fellow riders into the trees. No remorse on their end.

When we arrived an EP officer was walking around checking REGs. Mine has been and always will be registered, but some didn't have them. A father and son group were told to leave due to not having REGs. Another group drove in with a full truck and trailer with 5 bikes. Again the officer told them to leave because of no REGs.

Now I understand its their own fault for not registering them and knowing they couldn't ride without, but it pissed me off to know there was quads no more an 200yds from the unload area and the officer did nothing. The quads were not only there ILLEGALLY, but none had helmets, all wearing t-shirts and sneakers, and riding recklessly.

The officer just sat in his truck in the parking lot and did absolutely nothing besides bust peoples balls for not having some numbers when there were guys out there on quads, destroying the trails, and endangering everyone riding at the time. You might say I should've said something. Well I would have but when we returned from the ride the officer just so happened to leave and I didn't have a chance.

So rant over. Just BE AWARE if you ride at Freetown there ARE quads roaming...:angry::angry::angry:

• Like 1

Alright I'm getting pretty pissed off about this area. For the most part the trails are awesome. But my issue is who rides there. Not the bikes..but QUADS. Last time I was there I almost ran head on into them. Again today it happened TWICE. A group of about 4-5 quads come ripping down the trail and pretty much push myself and my fellow riders into the trees. No remorse on their end.

When we arrived an EP officer was walking around checking REGs. Mine has been and always will be registered, but some didn't have them. A father and son group were told to leave due to not having REGs. Another group drove in with a full truck and trailer with 5 bikes. Again the officer told them to leave because of no REGs.

Now I understand its their own fault for not registering them and knowing they couldn't ride without, but it pissed me off to know there was quads no more an 200yds from the unload area and the officer did nothing. The quads were not only there ILLEGALLY, but none had helmets, all wearing t-shirts and sneakers, and riding recklessly.

The officer just sat in his truck in the parking lot and did absolutely nothing besides bust peoples balls for not having some numbers when there were guys out there on quads, destroying the trails, and endangering everyone riding at the time. You might say I should've said something. Well I would have but when we returned from the ride the officer just so happened to leave and I didn't have a chance.

So rant over. Just BE AWARE if you ride at Freetown there ARE quads roaming... :angry::angry: :angry:

Thats why I only ride in Myles Standish, Freetown sucks 

Same happened to me when I first started riding again ....fortunately me the ones I came across had more respect then the guys you came across...always worried about getting slammed while coming around a bend