WHY didn't you ride your CRF today?

I'm grew up in Washington. Go hawks!!!!!

I didn't ride today because I had a garage sale. Helped my neighbor fix his collapsed deck. Mowed the lawn. Then cooked dinner and had friends over. Had salmon on the grill and I fried some halibut.

My buddy rode the 250l for the first time. He was impressed and said it was a blast!

Edited by Crfsfan
  • Like 2

Was 'occupied' at the "Best of The Midwest" motocross event at Abbott Motocross Park.  Rode a vintage 1978 CR125M and got an overall 5th.  Was 'dared' into doing the 'Best Whip" competition at intermission, the looks from the 'young' riders on their new big suspention bikes as I rolled up on that old CR was priceless, a 63 year old on a 35yr old bike.  Took off, did the three mini jumps and 'flew; the start finish jump at a whopping 18 or so inches off the ground, with a slight snap of the handlebars, 'whips' as done in 1978. Crowd loved it as well, a lot of compliments after I rolled around and stopped near the crowd.  Bike was borrowed, did some needed  tweeks on it, 1st moto had stalling issues, ran 2nd moto like a champ, and as per the period no 'brakes' to speak off, rut runnin at speed, once she hit the pipe was screaming around the track, did sections that the other vintage bikes rode around. I was 28 again for a few moments.  There are pics being forwarded to me will get them up asap.

I have over 2600miles on the 'L' so far, my putter around town bike now, it did start my racing fever up again, for that it has a special place.  I had so much fun on the vintage bike did not even run the 40+ class on the YZ250F.  It was for the few laps on the track back in my youth, memories flowed back, and I had more 'fun' than on my YZ.

We are still working on my 78 YZ400E for next years vintage series, will be ready to go in Spring.  Through my efforts next year we got a true 'beginners' class which will run with us old guys on our vintage bikes, so they will be able to 'race' and not have to dodge the youngsters sandbagging the 'C' class.

Tomorrow the 'L' will have to run the 'in town momma needs this' chores , right now muscle cramps and age keeping me up, too sore to sleep and legs are still crampin...I hate getting old.

• Like 5

Inch and a half of rain last night and i live on a mile of dirt (now muddy ) road --It's like living on the Oregon coast w/o the good sea food--(I live in the n/e corner of Oregon BTW)--Maybe my riding season may be OVER ? :cry:  for this year--

• Like 2

Inch and a half of rain last night and i live on a mile of dirt (now muddy ) road --It's like living on the Oregon coast w/o the good sea food--(I live in the n/e corner of Oregon BTW)--Maybe my riding season may be OVER ? :cry:  for this year--

First you won't ride in snow, now it's mud?  :confused:  You do know it's a dualsport, don't ya???   :D

Might as well go shoot something instead...   ?

:cheers:

• Like 2

I had enought mud on the alaska trip it rained all but 4 days the whole month we were there top of the world highway was a trip in itself--besides ride an hour get all wet and muddy then clean the bike for two hours is not FUN ? :p ? :p ?

You wash you bike too?  What is this world turning into???  ?

Mud does suck though...   ?

• Like 2