Sign in to follow this  

Michigan End of season ride in Mio October 12

Planning a end of season ride at Mio/Hunt Creek again as we did a few years back.

Date will be Saturday October 12, Starting around 10am.  Parking will be at Mt Tom Road clearing (same as in the past).

I am planning to head up late Thursday night or Friday morning.  Maybe do some riding in Rose City area on Friday.  Planning to ride Saturday at Mio/Hunt creek, stay the night and drive home Sunday.

Also for anyone new to this area, the Hunt Creek loop is motorcycle only. 

");

The meadows is destroyed. Stay away! Had to go around a tree about every 50 yards or less. And I'm talking several dozen times.

• Like 1

The meadows is destroyed. Stay away! Had to go around a tree about every 50 yards or less. And I'm talking several dozen times.

Are you kidding ? You just made this a must to ride.

• Like 1

It's started out fun yes. Losing the trail in a swamp because of reroutes, not fun.

Mattskn and I rode Mio/Hunt Creek last weekend and it was great.  We parked at some random spot on Mt. Tom and did a motorcycle only loop as well as an ORV loop.  I would love to ride with you guys on the 12th but will be getting back from a week long business trip the night before and will probably just spend the weekend with my kiddos.

I'll tell Matt about the ride though - I recall doing this ride a few years back as a huge group and it was a blast.

If you want to ride deeply whooped and totally unmaintained single track, the MCCCT through the Meadows is your spot. Zero brushing done in years, limbs big enough to drag you off the bike, trees down (the kind of pines with large pointy limbs pointing at you) every 100 yards and more exciting stuff.

Some people just aint right.

Looks like at least 2 of us from the west side are in. The guy with the new rig says he's on the fence, probably because if he goes, we're going to make him drive.

I went a few years ago to Hunt Creek with a bunch of folks from here. I remember some guy had a KLR650 with a knobby on the back he took through there.LOL!! Wish I could again but the 12th is a no go for me. Have relatives coming into town that weekend.  :cry: Had a great time back then and I'm sure this one will be epic as well. Have fun!  :thumbsup:

Looks like at least 2 of us from the west side are in. The guy with the new rig says he's on the fence, probably because if he goes, we're going to make him drive.

Slow Joe ? Not so slow Joe?   I didn't know you were still alive.

I was hibernating for the last couple years. Bought a new bike in January and only put 20hrs on it so far. I'm a little rusty, but think I can make it around. I remeber that guy on the KLR650. I think only made it about 10 miles and had take the 2-tracks the rest of the way. I know Brad made it around there a few years back on an XR650.

Is any one taking any kids or teenagers?? The reason I ask as I am out for the season due to having a rotator cuff surgery 5 weeks ago. But my boy (15) is looking to go on one last ride. He lives for the tight stuff and has rode 1/2 of tomahawk B & C loops with no problem and have rode the ORV trails by the Pink store north of rose city as well. Would any one just watch over him and give him a hand if needed. I can spend the day in the area as we have a cabin over in Luzuren which is only 7 miles from Mio.

• Like 1

Any of us would not mind keeping an eye on him. But he is 15 and there is a good chance that after 2-3 turns he will be to far out in front of the rest of us to see him. Not a problem.. Bring him along. I'll be in a black 7x16. Burgundy Titan pickem up.

Edited by sndmn2

Any of us would not mind keeping an eye on him. But he is 15 and there is a good chance that after 2-3 turns he will be to far out in front of the rest of us to see him. Not a problem.. Bring him along. I'll be in a black 7x16. Burgundy Titan pickem up.

Thank you for the offer. I did not want to mention any thing to my boy until I herd from you guys. You that have kids understand why i did not mention it. I will ask him if he wants to go riding next weekend now. Thanks guys.

I am in.  just for the day saturday.  will bring a fellow trail freak,  he rides one of those husaberg things.

I plan on riding this. We should be at Mt Tom Road Friday evening. Bought a new 2013 CRF450R in January, and only put about 13hrs on it. So not sure if that if that qualifies as still riding. Not sure if I can swing riding 2 weekends in a row, i'll have to see how things shake out. 

I am in.  just for the day saturday.  will bring a fellow trail freak,  he rides one of those husaberg things.

Yeah, when he's not falling off of it!  I might be in.