crf250l Supermoto

started converting my buddies crf over to supermoto, wheels and tires are on, seat covered, supermoto fender on, white shrouds are on there way and Im dropping the plastics off for graphics tomorrow. Here is our progress so far. 

hopefully everything will be finished up by next week.

bradssuper_zpsf3692a80.jpg

bradssuper5_zps81af2ce6.jpg

bradssuper4_zpsa65d460e.jpg

bradssuper1_zps9f74afbf.jpg

bradssuper2_zpse59b59bd.jpg

• Like 10

N... I....C...E....  Looking forward to seeing the completed bike with the graphics.   :ride:

Looks good, and so much fun in the corners!

• Like 1

How much $ for this setup? I really like the look of it! I'm guessing the addition of the motard wheels and tires eliminates any off road riding?

• Like 1

How much $ for this setup? I really like the look of it! I'm guessing the addition of the motard wheels and tires eliminates any off road riding?

he never offroaded anyways with his but they actually don't do that bad offroad, there is tons of vids of guys going offroad with street tires,(type in youtube... w.a.r. supermoto hooligans are good example vids on youtube). Also you can get the avon distanzias tire which do even better offroad. this setup cost about $1259 to the door. Tires, wheels, sprockets, both front and rear rotors, ready to bolt on, you do have to trim the insides of the plastic fork guards and switch the brake line to go on the outside of the forks instead of the inside like it  is now.

• Like 4

Question...

When going to the rear supermoto rim/tire, what is the difference in total tire circumference with regards to the rear sprocket you chose? Supermoto rear tires appear smaller but that is because they are mostly slick when compared to the stock dual sport tire. Stock rear sprocket is 40 teeth. Did you go with a smaller than stock rear sprocket to keep the same overall gear ratio?

Question...

When going to the rear supermoto rim/tire, what is the difference in total tire circumference with regards to the rear sprocket you chose? Supermoto rear tires appear smaller but that is because they are mostly slick when compared to the stock dual sport tire. Stock rear sprocket is 40 teeth. Did you go with a smaller than stock rear sprocket to keep the same overall gear ratio?

stayed with the stock sprocket because yes the overall diameter of the tire is smaller, rule of thumb TYPICALLY when going from a dirt bike tire to supermoto is like adding 3 extra teeth to the rear sprocket. definitely peppier of a bike now, we buzzed around the neighborhood tonight for about 5minutes and man it handles so nice, I was able to pop it up in second a little bit, Im not able to do that on mine now with a 13 tooth front, so it might be more like having a 44 tooth

Edited by r6realtor
  • Like 3

we got it all finished up, looks really good in person, these pics aren't the best. We rode for about an hour tonight and he feels like its definitely peppier and handles much nicer.

bradsbike6_zpse2d265df.jpg

bradsbike_zps4d7c8509.jpg

bradsbike5_zpsff40cbfc.jpg

bradsbike7_zps76b02742.jpg

bradsbike3_zpsa616a535.jpg

bradsbike1_zps4499fb5f.jpg

bradsbike4_zps371ec3eb.jpg

bradsbike2_zpse6ca0206.jpg

• Like 8

Both of these bikes look great.

I personally like the "black and white" look. :thumbsup:  That is what I will eventually do; however, I may leave the original Type 1 "mark/stripe" for the rear radiator guard with the CRF logo on it.  :ride:

• Like 3

Turned out great, I will do this to mine at some point.

:thumbsup:

Talon Hubs .... Excel rims ....  

I love this website ... they now make custom CRF250L wheels .... click the pic for link  :ride:

SM-Talon-Hub-Red.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Gary!

My new Victory has been stealing money from the CRF fund but in the new year I will get back on it.   :thumbsup:

These are far from cheap .... but, .... Bad @$$ Mo Fo's  :banana:

• Like 1

Thanks Gary!

My new Victory has been stealing money from the CRF fund but in the new year I will get back on it.   :thumbsup:

I have a 67 Camaro that does the same stealing from the CRF mod fund :rant: :rant:

• Like 2

my wallet hurts from reading this thread. Looks great!

• Like 3