Sign in to follow this  

expensive parts

i love riding so much but damn are parts expensive. ugh o well its worth it. did some side jobs saturday got paid 200 bucks and already spent it all on parts 

It's expensive, but a quad will empty your pocket twice as bad. Even components that both have (rear shock, swing arm, etc) have a decent price difference, not to mention there are just more parts.

But I totally agree, big bike parts are $$$ these days.

Big bikes are so much worse in parts, when I had my kx100 I never went through a chain, slider, levers, or any other parts but now on big bikes I go through a chain every few months and sliders more than that not to mention buying way more tires and expensive motor work

I just got back into riding and I swear everything went up in price. It's crazy how it all changed.

uhhhh.....I would say that is true for everything, not just riding stuff.

Joe

Bikes are cheap compared to snowmobiles. :cry:

Full kit of plastics for a bike? $100. 

Side panel for a sled? $300.

And burning 10+ gallons of 91 non-ethanol in a day... not counting fuel through the truck to get to the mountains.

Did about 100 miles on the bike yesterday,  didn't even hit reserve.  50+mpg! 

And the car salesman at one of the dealers I stopped at asked if I wanted to drive a hybrid. :lol:

Yeah it is inflation. It's just crazy how much. Everything goes up and down, that can't be avoided. I was just surprised to go to the races and seeing everything doubled in price. Even an air filter was $30. It's just sticker shock. It comes down to, a balance between what people will pay, and what something's worth.

I remeber when you couldn't burn $5 bucs in gas........ trying. :ride:

Edited by poconovfr

I remeber when you couldn't burn $5 bucs in gas........ trying. :ride:

......and you made 1/4 per hour as you do now ( in general).....

Joe

I just made a new slider for my bike I just didn't feel the need to spend money on something I could make in an hour. Next will be a guide with the same material I have all different thicknesses, I'm just going to copy my oem guide, cut out the 2 sides and have a block in the bottom with 2 small bolts. When I got the bike the chain was hanging out the bottom of the guide so I just put a block of thick plastic in with 2 small bolts. Works great I'll put a pic up of the guide when I get around to making my new one.

1383790652238.jpg

1383790666931.jpg

i love riding so much but damn are parts expensive. ugh o well its worth it. did some side jobs saturday got paid 200 bucks and already spent it all on parts 

The trick is to charge enough so you can afford parts.  I do mechanical work, I make about $280 a day but I am guaranteed work 5 days a week and sometimes more.