Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket Staggered Sprocket never saw one like this

Has anyone ever heard of this, I got a bike and it has a very different rear sprocket on it, every other tooth on it is offset from the tooth before it so that on one link the tooth is against the inside of the link and the next tooth is against the outside of the link??

Sunstar works-Z

I had a stainless one,

great offroad sprocket, wears great, light for steel,

The stamped pattern allows it to shed mud and sand to keep the chain clean

This sprocket is made of high strength stainless so it can be half the thickness of steel or al. to cut the weight. The teeth are offset to make up the width so it fits a standard chain. It's also formed in a unique way because of it's thin profile and comes with it's own special length bolts to fit.

expensive...

Fairly priced actually

Surprised I don't see more of them out there

The one on the bike I have must be the plated steel. It looks really good though. Don't see much for wear on it.

I just got one. Sunstar works z stainless Amazon $68

It is heavy 25 oz for 51 tooth 07 crf250r

but I don't have a regular steel to compare to. My alum is 13oz

They say it's really strong. I read you need to make sure bolts stay tight

It is much thinner. I will post update on how it wears. Anyone else outlet there tried these. How does weight compare to vortex steel or others

Or anyone tried the oulaw racing lightweight steel? Cheap price $40

They have much less mass than most Looks like ironman copy but never heard of this manufacturer.?

That's all my riding buddy uses (sunstar z) on his 450's.  They hold up very well, and are light for a steel sprocket.  The shed mud very well too.

• Like 1

I had a workZ it worked great

I run Iron man, slightly lighter &

DID vt2 chain easy two yrs of service

• Like 1

I have yet to see a sprocket that can match the durability of the Ironman stainless rear sprocket. Mine has hundreds of hours on it in abrasive Florida sand and still looks nearly new.

Sierra%20BMW%20Ironman%20Sprocket.jpg

• Like 2

I have yet to see a sprocket that can match the durability of the Ironman stainless rear sprocket. Mine has hundreds of hours on it in abrasive Florida sand and still looks nearly new.

Sierra%20BMW%20Ironman%20Sprocket.jpg

That's the sprocket I run, and it will outlast front sprocket and oring chain.

As far as just overall weight, it's not much more than an aluminum sprocket, but rotating mass is very close.

• Like 1

As far as just overall weight, it's not much more than an aluminum sprocket, but rotating mass is very close.

I've replaced the front sprocket twice. The Regina o-ring chain I bought with the sprockets has only needed small adjustments twice in the same period of time.

• Like 1

+1, I normally go through 2 front sprockets and two chains before the rear Ironman wears out - they are worth the money for sure.

• Like 1

I've replaced the front sprocket twice. The Regina o-ring chain I bought with the sprockets has only needed small adjustments twice in the same period of time.

That Regina o ring chain is a beast. I had one on my 125 with pro taper sprockets (aluminum rear) and the set was in perfect shape after a year when I sold it. The chain isn't too expensive for what it is either.

Edited by gscx
  • Like 1