Sign in to follow this  

Single track is DEAD!

Its is with great sadness that we announce the untimely passing of "single track" who died suddenly in her sleep. She worked exceptionally hard that last 70yrs of her life bringing joy to many others, especially in the offroad community. With the last 10yrs of her life being the hardest as she fought a losing battle to chainsaws and quads pushing her to her widest point and eventually over.... 

She was happiest when surrounded and used by all riders from all over the world and passionate about keeping riders their utmost happiest when used after a slight rain, just enough to keep the traction optimal and the dust minimal.

It is a close casket funeral that was held earlier this evening attended by close friends but no family...

Lets have a moment of silence in honor of "single track".................................................................................

Thank you for the good times.....

• Like 1

My favorite- may the passing of singletrack be averted and at least a few shining examples be allowed to exist at least as museum pieces!

Agreed, but as long as people keep posting videos of them riding down a quad trails and calling it "single track", she will always be dead.....

• Like 2

Singletrack was amazing. And she was so good to me. My bike introduced me to her as a mutual friend. We hit it off the second we came in contact. Colorado and I, will all deeply miss her. R.I.P. Singletrack :(

Singletrack was amazing. And she was so good to me. My bike introduced me to her as a mutual friend. We hit it off the second we came in contact. Colorado and I, will all deeply miss her. R.I.P. Singletrack :(

Thank you sir for your kind words....

Haha, maybe the singletrack YOU know is dead, but she's alive and well in my part of the woods. Luckily, she's supersecret...

Randy

• Like 1

There is hope. Our lady of blissful rides was severely threatened by evil hordes of beer swilling ATV riders. But into the breach came a savior. He fought and lobbied and cut and trimmed with his own hands. He worked with the evil hordes of ATV riders to provide them with good trail so as not to have them searching for ways to avoid long stretches of forest road between sections. Given an easy and fun alternative. The cooler baring hordes of ATV riders opted to leave Singletrack her her beloved motorcycles. And it was good.

You're right though. I have seem WAY too many people post up an ATV trail and call it single track.  :lame:

Edited by shagger

I was riding a trail system here in Michigan called "Meadows" and it seemed as other took a bulldozer down the ATV trail to widen it for like side by sides. It sucked.

Luckily they still have a real single track trail that runs along with the other trail that is now a dirt road.

bike numbers are on the decline and quads and sxs are on their way up. they get more trails we get less

Its is with great sadness that we announce the untimely passing of "single track" who died suddenly in her sleep. She worked exceptionally hard that last 70yrs of her life bringing joy to many others, especially in the offroad community. With the last 10yrs of her life being the hardest as she fought a losing battle to chainsaws and quads pushing her to her widest point and eventually over.... 

She was happiest when surrounded and used by all riders from all over the world and passionate about keeping riders their utmost happiest when used after a slight rain, just enough to keep the traction optimal and the dust minimal.

It is a close casket funeral that was held earlier this evening attended by close friends but no family...

Lets have a moment of silence in honor of "single track".................................................................................

Thank you for the good times.....

all you need is a machete & left coast forest to bringer her back to life

It's not dead. Just go make more! Hide your entrances to your trails. Don't take any "Mr wheelspin" buddies with you, they just show the quadtards where your trails are. Only take people who you can trust not to give away the location of your trails. Make your trails in places the quads can't, or will not go. It is a giant, ongoing game of cat and mouse. Prime single track takes time to make, so protect it like the valuable resource it is. I always try to lay my trails out so they don't intersect other trails. Every time you cross a trail, you invite the 4-wheeled people from the dark side to find an "in" on your loop. I also try not to groom near the entrances to the trail and try to enter it on a different line every time, so you don't make an obvious entrance. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

JMHO

Edited by MGBGT
  • Like 4

I guess it's time to 'fess up.  I had a long and hot relationship with singletrack before there was such a thing as quads.  I'm not going to claim I was her first....but I was close.

Really?  Originalmonk? Your in B.C and you say single track has died? Come on! Lets do a little thinking about this. I know we can find lots and lots of true single track within 15min to an hour from my house and it wouldnt matter if there were a million quads and chain saws.. They still wouldnt be able to ride it..  Narrow cliffs and rock faces etc etc..  LOL.. Its alive. you just gotta get past the Goons and look for it!  :ride:

Edited by GTXR
  • Like 1

Really?  Originalmonk? Your in B.C and you say single track has died? Come on! Lets do a little thinking about this. I know we can find lots and lots of true single track within 15min to an hour from my house and it wouldnt matter if there were a million quads and chain saws.. They still wouldnt be able to ride it..  Narrow cliffs and rock faces etc etc..  LOL.. Its alive. you just gotta get past the Goons and look for it!  :ride:

Its dead man. How many guys throw up Youtube video claiming single track and you see them blasting down a quad trail or 4x4 trail......? Its almost how people see motocross as doing a backflips and tricks....Could motocross be next?

• Like 1

Its dead man. How many guys throw up Youtube video claiming single track and you see them blasting down a quad trail or 4x4 trail......? Its almost how people see motocross as doing a backflips and tricks....Could motocross be next?

That's funny because almost everytime I tell someone I've got a motocross bike, they ask if I can do tricks...

• Like 1

It's not dead. Just go make more! Hide your entrances to your trails. Don't take any "Mr wheelspin" buddies with you, they just show the quadtards where your trails are. Only take people who you can trust not to give away the location of your trails. Make your trails in places the quads can't, or will not go. It is a giant, ongoing game of cat and mouse. Prime single track takes time to make, so protect it like the valuable resource it is. I always try to lay my trails out so they don't intersect other trails. Every time you cross a trail, you invite the 4-wheeled people from the dark side to find an "in" on your loop. I also try not to groom near the entrances to the trail and try to enter it on a different line every time, so you don't make an obvious entrance. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

JMHO

Right there with you MGBGT,

There are a few of us that continue to go where no quad has gone before and seek out sunlit valleys with endless revenes of dark rich moist soil topped with roots and unturned rocks. 

They are closer than you may think around here .. but first rule of single track is... there is no single track.. :cool:

Heres a tiny snipet of this past sundays ride.. :ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJCQyWFpso&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2