Sign in to follow this  

is there an expert out there?

I'm curious if 08 ish 450xcf trans gears swap out with exc any years?I know engs. are diff,but gears,,,,I would think ktm would use same tooling?? ratios,which would  give diff part #s,,,has anyone actually tried exc gears in a xcf,,??thanks for any info.d1

Yeah I've read above article above and there's no conclusion,& read your statement that your 99% sure,,,that means you don't know,have you actually tried,compared gears,measured?,,so what if the cases are diff,,,manufactors still use same parts in engines,no big secret,,,,,i'm hoping there's someone who has tried it or actually knows .I've been told before you can't do something before by someone who does'nt know what the f they're talkn about.I have not heard a reply yet from an ktm expert,so i'll wait.d1

Yeah I've read above article above and there's no conclusion,& read your statement that your 99% sure,,,that means you don't know,have you actually tried,compared gears,measured?,,so what if the cases are diff,,,manufactors still use same parts in engines,no big secret,,,,,i'm hoping there's someone who has tried it or actually knows .I've been told before you can't do something before by someone who does'nt know what the f they're talkn about.I have not heard a reply yet from an ktm expert,so i'll wait.d1

Great, so why don't you do it then? Become the first.....lead by example!

And have I tried, no. I'm too logical for that. I think that for the amount of time, money and energy you could put into this project you could buy a EXC, swap some of your favorite parts over and then sold your XCF and probably not lost a dime or very little in the process. Much less then attempting a swap that I'm 99% sure won't work...

Edited by originalmonk

Ok,I'll do that,lead by example ,any other good advice monk?

The reason I'm posting is to see if anyone has experience,I'm not interested in expert guesses.....

Well, it doesn't take a lot of energy to look at ktm's parts fiche. I just spent about 5 minutes looking and nothing wide ratio matches up to the xc-f main nor countershaft. With the amount of energy that would be wasted, just sell the bike and find a wide ratio bike.

• Like 1

Well, it doesn't take a lot of energy to look at ktm's parts fiche. I just spent about 5 minutes looking and nothing wide ratio matches up to the xc-f main nor countershaft. With the amount of energy that would be wasted, just sell the bike and find a wide ratio bike.

But your not a expert so it doesn't count!

Yes,looked at shaft #'s,but does that mean it won't fit?I don't know,do you?

Monk,,so sorry to hurt your ego,,but seriously dude,you should get a life.

Yes,looked at shaft #'s,but does that mean it won't fit?I don't know,do you?

Monk,,so sorry to hurt your ego,,but seriously dude,you should get a life.

Says the guy who starts the same thread 2 weeks apart hoping something has changed.....

if your 08 450xcf is a twin cam, maybe the ktm atv 450/505 tranny gears or shafts would work with different ratios. the engines are similar, i think the output shaft is different length though so scratch that.