new arrival.. XR600

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1998 XR600, it does need afew things doing and theres afew questions I would like to ask as I'm fairly new to the XR's. The front brake disc is pretty badly worn along with the rear, so I've been looking at getting these from S3 performance down here in Australia:

http://www.s3performance.com.au/buy/disc-brake-rotor-front-xr250-xr400-xr600-xr650-cr250/DBFSXR284.E01

http://www.s3performance.com.au/buy/disc-brake-rotor-rear-xr-xr600-xr500-xr400-xr250-sl230/DBRSXR584

What do you all think? And I've been looking for brake pads to suit on the TT webstore but unsure of the best ones to get? the bike will mainly be used for touring etc, but want alot better braking than whats already on the bike..

I was thinking about flushing the brake fluid as no idea when it was last done.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? sorry for all the questions but I have to start somewhere..

I am a heavier rider also, so I want to set up the rear suspension but i may have to go with aftermarket as I'm about 125kg. any recommendations? eibach? etc..

thanks for your time, cheers all.

Check on Youtube for flushing the brake fluid. "XR Land" has a video on the subject using a "Mityvac" but you can also do it the old fashion way (like I just did).

thanks for the advice. Can you guys recommend decent brake pads on the TT webstore? Will be dual sport so dont need extreme pads, just some that will help braking the big girl abit better and last. cheers again.

Hi ptydafwl,

how did the S3 brake rotor/discs work out for you? I am considering replacing my oem versions.

Regards

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Gazzmann said:

Hi ptydafwl,

how did the S3 brake rotor/discs work out for you? I am considering replacing my oem versions.

Regards

This is four years old. This dude could be dead.

Start your own thread, get answers