Who rode their Trials over the weekend?

I am starting to get the bug for a trials rig. I switched to a 803 on the back of my 167 Husky and am freaking amazed at the difference in traction I get on the slickrock in my area. I have since started running my front air preassure so low that the tire looks flat (5lbs) so I can match traction. The real test came crossing a low water bridge down the road from me. I have busted my tail everytime I tried to cross in the past because there is moss on the concrete under the fast moving water. When the bike hit the moss the front washes out one way and the rear whips around the other and I'm in the water. Well now the story is different, I can ease onto the bridge and Idle to the other side. I even blipped the throttle when the front touched dry ground and the bike only slightly drifted before catching and shot me out of the creek.

I dont have areas to acheive the blazing speed my husky desires unless I hit a dirt road, and the height of the Husky is intimidating when I am on a steep rock incline. So I'm really thinking I should get a Trials bike. 

I love reading the accounts of y'alls rides and seeing the vids of Trials capabilities. If my WR wasnt so damn good it would be an easier decision to make the switch.

I rode my raga both days this weekend; awesome riding here in Hawaii.  

I had a 2011 KTM 250 and never really got it out of second gear. What converted me was that I ended up buying an 06 gasgas for my girlfriend (neither of us having ever ridden a trials before) and after a few weeks I found myself choosing to ride the gasser over my KTM.  Dont get me wrong, I loved the KTM but I have more of a mtn bike background and I found that I'd rather work on my technique over difficult sections rather than smash through everything.

Buy a trials bike and don't ever look back.

SZ

One of the cool things I think about trials is when your healing from some moto damage you can still practice trials in your yard. Two months out of having my shoulder fixed up I'm getting ready to do some balance practice. Still have some time to heal more before I get on, but I will be able to trials way before thinking of motoing. So while I didn't go riding I polished a couple pieces on my bike and pulled in the clutch a couple of times. I think 2 more weeks and I can balance in my front yard and wave at everyone as they go by.

I must have been drinking when I thought I could choose between the WR and a Trials. I doubt I will ever get rid of the Husqvarna. But I have nothing against causing hell at home and bringing in a used Trials to add to the 11 other vehicles I have no time for, not including the light plane I am in the market for. 

I have been trying to determine which used model would be a dependable trail bike for around 2 grand. 

I should mention that I bought a tlr200 for my wife but she didnt like it and I had an offer for more than I paid so got rid of it pretty quick, it needed carb work and shocks so I didnt ride it much.

Edited by sabortooth

Never say never.

The Husky is out of here.

Come to the dark side.

Went in the monkey butt hard scramble,organized by a couple romaniacs participants ,a 10 k loop took me 70 mins for the first loop ,and near double the second after helping out many stuck and exhausted riders.

image.jpg

Went in the monkey butt hard scramble,organized by a couple romaniacs participants ,a 10 k loop took me 70 mins for the first loop ,and near double the second after helping out many stuck and exhausted riders.

Sounds grueling. Must have been straight up and down.