Sign in to follow this  

Loading ramp question.

What I was looking for was a loading ramp that is the entire width of a truck tailgate seen a few people at track with them but cant find in stores could anyone point me in the direction where i could find one?

Or any ideas of what you use to load bikes in the back of  a truck

the pic attached is what was offered at store I was looking for wider

thanks

photo1.jpg

I think they got some full ramps at harbor freight

They do, though I don't recall how much. Upon close inspection, they are not nearly as nicely built as their more expensive "brand name" counterparts. If you are on a budget...they are a great "bang" for your buck.

They do, though I don't recall how much. Upon close inspection, they are not nearly as nicely built as their more expensive "brand name" counterparts. If you are on a budget...they are a great "bang" for your buck.

what is a good brand name? I'd rather spend the money now and have a ramp I feel good about. Seen someone backing a harley off a ramp and it snap would rather have to not happen so I dont mind spending the money. This is just for a dirt bike though.

You can probably find a small gate at any inustrial yard or dump. I had one that was about 1 1/2 feet wide and fit perfectly into my 8 foot bed. I've loaded a skid steer onto a trailer with those ramps and they did not bend. I'll get a picture if you would like.

• Like 1

The ramp from Harbor Freight works great.  I keep borrowing my buddies when he's not using it for his quad.  On sale right now for $79. 

• Like 1

Harbor freight or discountramps are good options. You can get then in bi-fold or tri-fold.

• Like 1

I just got the tri-fold ramp from harbor freight. Works great, is almost the width of the tailgate on my truck, and I can ride the bike into the truck without killing myself which is nice....

I purchased one from a company three years or so ago that is no longer in business. The only thing I would tell you is to make certain that whatever you buy has rubber "hinges" as opposed to hard metal hinges. They crack and don't last.

• Like 1

I purchased one from a company three years or so ago that is no longer in business. The only thing I would tell you is to make certain that whatever you buy has rubber "hinges" as opposed to hard metal hinges. They crack and don't last.

Yes I am trying to find a good quality all around ramp i think i have settled on maybe

http://www.discountramps.com/black-widow-motorcycle-ramp.htm

unless anyone here has had bad expericnece with these guys and input would be great.

i know it may be a tad overkill of a ramp but dont mind paying more if it is quality.

like you said though the grips on this one kinda look weird.

Edited by suplol

Check e-bay as well.   If you check around carefully, they are all selling the exact same ramps.   I got mine direct off e-bay.  Saved $20.   I bought two 9' single ramps that fold in half with the rungs 3" apart (don't get a ramp with spacing further apart then that as the construction is much lighter - just check the diameter of the rungs).

Their lighter then a full width ramp and I can space them as close or as far apart as I want.

For loading the bikes, bike goes up on one and me on the other a couple feet apart.  For my dolly, I put them side by side and walk up backwards.   Haven't tried to load a quad yet, but I can't see why I'd have a problem.

Unless you have a really heavy bike/quad, consider using two singles.

Jim.

• Like 1