I have gone to the dark side

Hey guys I'm still around but have taken a bit of a side step. Still riding my Kawasaki but not as much lately and still look in here to but also not as much lately.

I have been building a buggy the last few years and for awhile not much progress was being made but this year I went to work on it and am not done but have it to the testing stage (and have been testing a lot LOL) and hope to be done welding by winter so over the winter I can take it down and paint the frame. I am adding finders, lights and a windshield to make it street legal too.

It is a Berrion Warrior you weld it kit and I got the body kit too about 4 years ago and put the frame together but didn't have the trans I wanted or a good motor so it sat. Over the coarse I got a bus IRS trans and a 2000 Toyota Corolla motor for it and put it all together and this is it as it sits now.

002_zpsb31382ba.jpg

006_zpsc020ecfe.jpg

It has taken a while but it is turning into a very fun machine. The Toyota motor is a 1800cc fuel injected variable cam timing motor that runs awesome in this light car. Took a little bit to work out the computer but once I figured out what it needed it has been a blast to drive. One small issue is my wife loves to ride in it.

001_zpsde5f9ba5.jpg

Winter is come soon here and I have quite a bit more testing to do LOL.

Any way I'm not gone just spreading my interests :cheers:

Ed

Whew. Thought you'd gone and bought a CRF for a second there.

Whew. Thought you'd gone and bought a CRF for a second there.

LMFAO...........No worries there :thumbsup:

Ed

I have been working on my 3 wheeler a lot lately. A one year only machine is sure hard to get parts for. Since my bike is running well, I need something else to do.

Ed, sorry I didn't reply to your email just been busy.  But the pick-up is sweet! This one is more my style: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/1094967_10201806402470497_1464525660_n.jpg

Is your buggy plated?  

I guess I can come clean too.  Picked up this '80 RM125 a while back, gave it some TLC, raced a EVO class last weekend.  Good chassis but the engine is a dog!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/1980%20RM125/IMG_6005.jpg

Edited by Jeekinz

Thanks J, that pickup came out nice and my friend drives it every day. Here is a pic of it.

002_zpscb74d70d.jpg

We did it after finishing my Ranchero. It is a 40 Chevy on a 1991 4WD S10 frame, still 4WD with a injected  4.3 V6, auto, cruse and AC.

I have not got the buggy platted yet, still needs fenders, lights and a windshield and a wiper but it will be platted next spring.

The RM looks great, don't understand why it's a dog my 77RM125 rips.

Dave if you were around here we could keep you busy, I'm retired and don't have time to get all my projects done LOL.

Going to take my bike out for a little ride today though :ride:

Ed

Building a buggy as well, more like some fandangled side by side..  Anyway it has a Yamaha 5 valve per 750cc on it..  6 speed tranny.  supposed to be a killer motor out of a fazer or phaser (not sure).  It is really my kids project, he and his buddy have been fabbing for a while now.  Here is a link if you want to check it out.

skip to the five minute mark for a laugh..  by all means the cart was a total train wreck, they have made pretty good progress for some kids.

Building a buggy as well, more like some fandangled side by side.. Anyway it has a Yamaha 5 valve per 750cc on it.. 6 speed tranny. supposed to be a killer motor out of a fazer or phaser (not sure). It is really my kids project, he and his buddy have been fabbing for a while now. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

skip to the five minute mark for a laugh.. by all means the cart was a total train wreck, they have made pretty good progress for some kids.

that's how kids learn and gain valuable skills. Looks like it will be a monster once they get it going. Can't wait to see some updates.

Thanks J, that pickup came out nice and my friend drives it every day. Here is a pic of it.

002_zpscb74d70d.jpg

..... on a 1991 4WD S10 frame, still 4WD with a injected  4.3 V6, auto, cruse and AC.

And that's the smart way to do it. I've got an old Scout body that I hope to do that to someday.

I wish I could retire. This auto manufacturing is way to hard on my body. I'm getting to old for this crap...lol