Sign in to follow this  

Removing rust from nickle plated expansion chamber

So I just picked up a used FMF Gnarly for my CR after pancaking the brand new one I picked up 2 months ago.  This used one that I bought has some slight rusting on it near the beginning of the pipe where it attaches to the cylinder.  I would like to remove all the rust so the pipe looks nice again but I am not sure what to use.  After some googling I found a couple suggestions but I would like to hear from other people how they remove rust from their nickle plated pipes.

Thanks,

Scott

So I just picked up a used FMF Gnarly for my CR after pancaking the brand new one I picked up 2 months ago. This used one that I bought has some slight rusting on it near the beginning of the pipe where it attaches to the cylinder. I would like to remove all the rust so the pipe looks nice again but I am not sure what to use. After some googling I found a couple suggestions but I would like to hear from other people how they remove rust from their nickle plated pipes.

Thanks,

Scott

I have used WD-40 and a wire wheel on either a grinder or drill. The drill is kind of nice because it gives more control and let's you go slower. Takes only minutes and looks awesome.

You can hit it with some Mother's and a Terri cloth afterward :thumbsup:

Wire-cup-brush-steel-6426500.jpg

Edited by Fattonz