Mad Lake Trail closure

Washington

Does anyone know when the trails in the Entiat close? I want to ride to Mad lake this weekend but know they close for the winter soon. I also know that just the trails on top close but can't remember the date.

There is no " hard" date for closure, as it is just a yearly judgement call by the local ranger district so call them later in the week.  We rode Entiat this last weekend and it was all open ( some snow above 5000 ft).

Joe

getting really sloppy up there....winter coming early.  Just spent 3 days in the rain/sleet/snow.

About 15" of snow at Blue Creek meadow this morning. Probably a closure coming soon.

Trail 1419 which branches off 1415 (near cougar mtn lookout) and  is in between 1409.1 and 1418 trail was not passable 9-28-13 due to snow covering the ground and we were not able to figure out where the trail was.  There were plently of trees down as well.  Discovered after I got home that I had some what of an old map because a newer map didn't even show 1419 on the map.  This tells me that they discontinuing the trail.  I didn't check the other end of 1419 (off 1409.1) to see if there was a sign there saying anything about it. 

Trail 1419 which branches off 1415 (near cougar mtn lookout) and  is in between 1409.1 and 1418 trail was not passable 9-28-13 due to snow covering the ground and we were not able to figure out where the trail was.  There were plently of trees down as well.  Discovered after I got home that I had some what of an old map because a newer map didn't even show 1419 on the map.  This tells me that they discontinuing the trail.  I didn't check the other end of 1419 (off 1409.1) to see if there was a sign there saying anything about it. 

You're talking about Jimmy Creek. I didn't get it done this summer.  LOTS of trees down, not even the FS wants to clear it, they'd rather it close :(

I know it disappeared from the recent map, but the trail is still there. Hopefully we'll get a warm spell and I can get it opened up again. As long as it's clear, I don't think they'll close it.

Yes, Jimmy Creek it is.  Slackinhard, Do you know by chance if the dead end on 1418 (according to map) punches through to 1409 (Mad River Trail).  It seems so close for it to not go through.  Had a good loop ride up to two little lakes and Mad River on Sunday for those who might be looking to get up there in the next couple of weeks.  As stated by others don't know when they will actually close the area but I accessed it from Maverick Saddle.  Traces of snow starting to show up even on this lower elevation.

Nope....1418 is a pretty fast and fun trail, but it stops at the road. Then ya gotta ride the several miles over to Billy Creek if ya wanna get down to Lower Mad

Is Mad still open?

Is Mad still open?

Yes

But only because the people who would close it are furloughed. Trail is melting back out and really muddy. Would be irresponsible to ride it right now.

Heading to Mad River tomorrow AM..

Edited by n16ht5

Mad river trail is closed (gate closed) with seasonal closure sign at Maverick Saddle.

We rode little Naches on 5 and 6 October and the higher trails have snow where the mid level is melt out and slush with ruts forming. Agree that closure is way to keep trails ultimately open.