Sign in to follow this  

First time on mx track

So I started riding this year got my first bike 250 2stroke . Anyways I went to a local track for the first time Loved it , but found myself doing a super man on a jump become the biked kicked me in the air making me do a superman but I managed to land it it was hilarious hahaha thinking back at it , anyways my problem is the throttle control coming on jumps if I keep it steady in a higher gear it goes fine but when in the power range sum time a it's sketchy , is it possible to keep it pinned in 2 or 3 or what's the best way to taking off a jump any pointer would help a lot thanks

Edited by kx25033

If you find it hard to keep it steady, maybe you should check your bar positioning. I've found out that when your bars are too forward or rolled too forward it makes your whiskey throttle.

Gave it a shot today it helped with the whiskey throttle thanks bud do I ever learn things here , I was looking at the g2 cam maybe that would help me a bit on sandy mx track also

Just keep your riding position in the "attack" position when jumping.  This way you are more able to react if the bike gets weird in the air.  Neutral body position (middle of the bike) helps you stay balanced in the air as well.  For throttle control, don't make any sudden throttle changes on the face or as you are leaving the jump.  Sudden throttle changes will make the bike dive or rise in the air.  As you  improve, you will learn to use the throttle to change the bike's orientation in the air.  Revving in the air will raise the front, tapping the back brake in the air will lower the front.  If you ride a four stroke, chopping the throttle on a jump face will also cause the front to dive.  Practice practice practice!  

• Like 1

Just keep your riding position in the "attack" position when jumping. This way you are more able to react if the bike gets weird in the air. Neutral body position (middle of the bike) helps you stay balanced in the air as well. For throttle control, don't make any sudden throttle changes on the face or as you are leaving the jump. Sudden throttle changes will make the bike dive or rise in the air. As you improve, you will learn to use the throttle to change the bike's orientation in the air. Revving in the air will raise the front, tapping the back brake in the air will lower the front. If you ride a four stroke, chopping the throttle on a jump face will also cause the front to dive. Practice practice practice!

Agreed, a neutral to aggressive position is key to a smooth takeoff/ landing. Also check the suspension setup. If your preloading/ bottoming on the face you could get kicked weird.

• Like 1

start on small jumps and build your skills before the bigger 3rd 4th gear jumps.