Rebuilding a bike, Kinda?

So I have a Beautiful 1998 rm 250 that was just rebuilt and had all the bushels and berrings replaced and new tires and all that jaz. I have it up on craigslist for sale or trade, and someone messaged me on a trade today. He wants to trade (2) 2002 yz250f's for my dirtbike. the catch is one of them has a bad bottom end and one has a bad top end. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the good top end and good bottom end and put them both on the same frame.. 

If I were you I woukdnt take that offer and wait for someone with cash in hand. The 2002 yz250f's are pretty old bikes for four strokes.

I wouldn't do this unless I were an experienced mechanic to do EVERYTHING myself.  That's a pretty involved job, mainly because you don't know what you are really up against until you take everything apart to do the job.

Also--I would prefer the 250 smoker over an early 2000s model 250F, just because the technology of strokers was pretty dinasaur at that point in history.

So I have a Beautiful 1998 rm 250 that was just rebuilt and had all the bushels and berrings replaced and new tires and all that jaz. I have it up on craigslist for sale or trade, and someone messaged me on a trade today. He wants to trade (2) 2002 yz250f's for my dirtbike. the catch is one of them has a bad bottom end and one has a bad top end. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the good top end and good bottom end and put them both on the same frame..

Don't bother , save yourself a headache

So.....You're thinking of trading a really nice bike for 2 rollers.  Then turning those 2 rollers + a bunch of $ (probably) into 1 runner, 1 basket case and multiple head aches.  Then what, sell? Project vehicles always cost more than you anticipate.  

ok a nice rm250 for a grenade????

*flamesuit on* :devil:

2002 250f's are decent bikes, once you put the newer cams in them with the automatic decompression mechanism (about $450 to do).  Add $600 to that to freshen on to top end on the good bike before you put it on the good bottom end and you're already over $1000 into the bike.

Edited by 1987CR250R

Doesn't sound good to me. I'd pass.