Anybody have a 2014 250 SX-F?

Just looking at new bikes Saturday at a large multi brand dealership and the light weight of the 2014 KTM 250 SX-F really got me thinking about one.  I'm an old fart now at 54 but want a bike I can play at MX and trail ride on with e-start.  I have a 2008 Husky CR165 now but will be giving that to my oldest grandson so I'm looking for it's replacement.    My son has had older KTM's;  2008 450 and 505 and their ergo's and weight really didn't do it for me so how are the 2014 250's?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, John     BTW the dealer would make me a great deal on one.

Just looking at new bikes Saturday at a large multi brand dealership and the light weight of the 2014 KTM 250 SX-F really got me thinking about one.  I'm an old fart now at 54 but want a bike I can play at MX and trail ride on with e-start.  I have a 2008 Husky CR165 now but will be giving that to my oldest grandson so I'm looking for it's replacement.    My son has had older KTM's;  2008 450 and 505 and their ergo's and weight really didn't do it for me so how are the 2014 250's?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, John     BTW the dealer would make me a great deal on one.

Just picked one up & I've only had two rides on it but I'm really liking it! Has a fun engine & is a typical 250F for the fun factor as they are so much easier to manhandle yet still have enough torque to make it easy to get it on the boil if you flub & at 54 myself flubbing happens a lot more these days! lol

I just set the sag the last ride & set the suspension settings to MXA's test settings & I have to say I found the suspension working rather well. Best of all you have to love the magic button as I don't miss having a kicker at all. Like I said the engine is fun & you can run it hard as it's quite a revver & makes some nice power in the mid-upper rpm range.

The build quality is top notch you just have to watch & do the usual KTM stuff such as loctite the shifter bolt & the keep a close eye on the sprocket bolts & the spokes. 

Handling is nice & neutral & it turns really nice & the brakes are top notch as is the hydraulic clutch.

If you can get a good deal on one I'd say go for it!

Thanks for your input.  Yeah the e-start is a big reason I'm looking at the KTM's.  I'm pretty sure I can get it for $6,400.00 OTD so does that sound good?  I like neutral handling and good turning bikes so that part also sounds good.  Thanks again.

Thanks for your input.  Yeah the e-start is a big reason I'm looking at the KTM's.  I'm pretty sure I can get it for $6,400.00 OTD so does that sound good?  I like neutral handling and good turning bikes so that part also sounds good.  Thanks again.

Good? I'd say that's great as to me that sounds like it's below dealer cost on a 2014! List is $7,999.00 & there's no way they have $1,600.00 profit in MSRP with freight etc so that's a no brainer if you ask me. You better jump on that before he figures out he's at best just pushing paper!