What's the best after market air filter to put on my drz

Looking for some advice on what's the best air filter to put on my drz, any advice would be great, it's only ridden on the road.

Best in what area of performance?  Filtering air or providing the best air flow?

Dual layer foam for filtration.  K&N for air flow.  My vote is foam.

Correctly oiled and sealed foam filter

UNI filter for example

Get a uni

+4 on the foam. Easy clean, dry, & oil. 

every time i read this it makes me want to switch back to foam. i have k&n in both. Im not sure if i trust them...

Foam for the bike. Uni is very good. I run a twin air and have since the bike was new. Just wash them out and re-oil as part of your regular maintenance and you should get many years of service out of a foam filter.

every time i read this it makes me want to switch back to foam. i have k&n in both. Im not sure if i trust them...

K&N is a quality product. I've run them on my cars and trucks for years with no issues. They just don't do well in dusty environments.

K&N is a quality product. I've run them on my cars and trucks for years with no issues. They just don't do well in dusty environments.

but thats the whole point isnt it? to keep dust out? Its like "it works great to filter the air. just dont go anywhere where the air might be dirty"...

but thats the whole point isnt it? to keep dust out? Its like "it works great to filter the air. just dont go anywhere where the air might be dirty"...

They do keep the dirt out. The issue is they clog very quickly in dusty environments.

Foam for the bike. Uni is very good. I run a twin air and have since the bike was new. Just wash them out and re-oil as part of your regular maintenance and you should get many years of service out of a foam filter.

+1 for the twin air.... :)

Ive been thinking the same..... Honestly I never felt a difference when I switched to the k&n. And I can never tell if I oiled it correctly lol.

I've got two foam filters (Twin Air and No Toil), makes filter changes quick since I already have a fresh one waiting.  Both seem to do a great job at filtering out dirt.  I oil both of them with No Toil's bio oil, which easily washes out with a little oxy-clean and warm water (no nasty solvents).

Ive been thinking the same..... Honestly I never felt a difference when I switched to the k&n. And I can never tell if I oiled it correctly lol.

haha. only reason i havent switched yet is i barely ride in the dirt...

For street id go K&N,  for dirt i like the UNI. 

I have both $30 Twin Air filters, and $9 Maxima pro filters.  I can't really find any difference in them, so I use them interchangeably.

I change my filters frequently, and once I have three or four dirty filters, I clean them all and re-oil them all and store them in separate ziplock baggies.  Takes 15 or 20 minutes to clean and oil four filters, one pair of nitrile gloves, and one large (one gallon size) ziplock bag for oiling.  Easy peasy.

On long trips, I carry 2 or 3 with me and change as needed, usually about 1K miles as long as I don't ride in my buddies roost.  I almost ran out of clean filters and would have had to clean and oil filters on the road during my 4K mile road trip last summer, but my last filter looked good all the way home.  I spent most of that trip riding alone, so very little dust.

I looked at the Uni air filter options on the TT parts page and saw many options listed for the DRZ. If anyone could clarify the specific model that would be used to replace the stock filter on a 2009 DRZ400-S I would much appreciate it.

According to the UNI parts finder, Uni does not make a filter to fit the DRZ400.  Hard to believe.  All DRZ400 all yeas all models take the same filter element.  Try a different brand. 

I am absolutely NOT arguing with you but I have a UNI filter on my Z right now....unfortunately I don't have the original packaging only the directions for cleaning and the stickers.

Can only assume this is the same as mine:

http://www.power-barn.com/servlet/the-668/UNI-FILTER-FOR-SuZUKI/Detail

According to the UNI parts finder, Uni does not make a filter to fit the DRZ400. Hard to believe. All DRZ400 all yeas all models take the same filter element. Try a different brand.

Edited by pyankura

A clean one.