Crank cases for Rmx 250

I need to know what years will the right hand crank case work on my 98 Rmx thanks

I believe all of the RMX's used the same crank cases.  But it appears that the part number changed between 94 and 95, so you can "for sure" go back as far as '95.

What engine code prefix does your current case have? Should be something like J -112.

You have to be mindfull that the main bearing size used in the RMX varied over the years. The right hand side casing started with a smaller OD bearing in the J - 111 then it seems they went to a larger one (same size as flywheel side) for the J - 112, and then went back to the original smaller OD on the J - 113.

There are also subtle shape differences around the case induction throat area.

What engine code prefix does your current case have? Should be something like J -112.

You have to be mindfull that the main bearing size used in the RMX varied over the years. The right hand side casing started with a smaller OD bearing in the J - 111 then it seems they went to a larger one (same size as flywheel side) for the J - 112, and then went back to the original smaller OD on the J - 113.

There are also subtle shape differences around the case induction throat area.

its J-112 And as long as it has the same prefix it should work right?

its J-112 And as long as it has the same prefix it should work right?

I would hope so. But make sure the case numbers are as originally stamped. If you have the time available it may be an idea to strip your own engine first and check what you have.

I once bought an engine for spares that was supposedly a J - 112. However when it arrived I could see the numbers had been altered and the engine was in fact a J - 111 which was of little use to me.

In my experience I have found that J - 111 and J - 113 engines use a smaller righthand side main bearing measuring 25X62X17. And the J - 112 engines use a larger one measuring 28x68x18.

And regarding swapping a single case side there was a thread in the vintage section a while back regarding this.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1045521-honda-1984-cr250r-engine-case-damage/

I mentioned / questioned in the thread about the cases supposedly being matched to each other in some way, but unfortunately there was no further input of discussion on the subject.