What year is this RMX?

A friend of mine is looking to buy his first bike. The owner of this RMX doesn't know the year of the bike. He said he thinks it's a 91 but isn't sure. After searching all over at different pictures etc I have found a lot of misleading info trying to identify exactly what year this is. Any RMX experts able to tell from these pictures? Thanks in advance for any info!

Screenshot2013-09-30at22816PM_zpsc28d5f2

Screenshot2013-09-30at22808PM_zps506f432

I`d say 91,or 92,I got a 92.

I thought the blue frame was in 89/90....

I had a 93 so Im no help...

Edited by originalmonk

I thought the blue frame was in 89/90....

I had a 93 so Im no help...

I thought so to but have seen claims of blue frames for different years. Brake pedal change in 94 I think to a more arched one.

A friend of mine is looking to buy his first bike. The owner of this RMX doesn't know the year of the bike. He said he thinks it's a 91 but isn't sure. After searching all over at different pictures etc I have found a lot of misleading info trying to identify exactly what year this is. Any RMX experts able to tell from these pictures? Thanks in advance for any info!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Try to look up the serial number on the frame.. Ask the owner if he could possibly. That's what I did when my friend was buying his '96 cr.. I just typed the frame number in on my phone.

Looks like a 91.

It kinda looks like a mix and match of parts.  There isn't a manufacture date on the steering tube?

'89-92 had the blue frame

'89-90 had the blue seat (what you have)

'91-92 had a splotchy seat  (you'll know it if you see one)

'89- 90 had Kayaba suspension

'91-92 had Showa suspension

'92 had wrap around fork guards  (what you have, although they don't look OEM)

'93 and up had grey clutch cover  ( what you have???)

Closer, more detailed pictures would help a lot

Edited by moto2000

Need the 10th digit from the VIN.

And I do agree that the fork guards do not look correct, but it does have a 2 piece clutch cover so I'm guessing 90 or 91.