Sign in to follow this  

Sherco bikes?

I was talking to my local dealer at an event about getting a 2 stroke, small light enduro bike that can be ridden on the roads.

They used to allow gas gas here but they no longer come wired for lights, this leaves me with Sherco or BETA.

Both bikes look great except the sherco x-ride has a 290 2 stroke that weighs only 200lbs or so and is priced way lower than the betas.

I have never even seen one of these bikes before, does anyone here have experience with them?

The Beta 2t comes with all the street wiring, lights, handle bar switches and a horn, and brake light switches front and rear.   

The sherco X-ride 290 2 stroke is also $3,000 cheaper :/

X Ride in Canada comes with everything, lights, horn, mirrors, blinkers, etc, 

I spoke to the guys at sherco Canada and they said the same about the enduro models.

I don't understand why the x-ride so cheap... I know it doesn't come with skid plate or e-start... I prefer the kicker to be honest. 

I spoke to the guys at sherco Canada and they said the same about the enduro models.

I don't understand why the x-ride so cheap... I know it doesn't come with skid plate or e-start... I prefer the kicker to be honest. 

it comes with a very good skid plate, no e start, 

it comes with a very good skid plate, no e start, 

Why such a large price difference between the 290 x ride and the 300 enduro??

$1000 between the Sherco X Ride and the Sherco 2T Enduro

After browsing the specs the enduro does seem like a better deal...

WP suspension, brembo brakes, bigger fuel tank. Only downside is it is 25lbs heavier than the X-ride.

I wonder why they build a 290 motor for the x-ride and not just use the enduro 300?

I'm kind of torn by the fact that the enduro is e-start only... if you're out in the bush and the e-start fails or your battery is dead you are shit out of luck :/

Scorpa / Sherco did put a 4t in at one time, it was called a Scorpa T-Ride. The 2T 290 motor is a trial motor with trail gearing, but still a low first to trial stuff. The X Ride is a trail / trial bike. Its a bike that does very well for a multitude of applications and riders. Even Enduro riders say it would very well in tight technical enduro's.

I can easily go places on the X Ride that would be very difficult for an Enduro to follow.

The e start on all Sherco's is built with the motor, not an add on to kick start. It works very well. 

If I'm out in the bush I will prepared for many happenings that might strand me. I tend to look at the positive, I would be very happy in many situations to have a reliable e start.

Scorpa / Sherco did put a 4t in at one time, it was called a Scorpa T-Ride. The 2T 290 motor is a trial motor with trail gearing, but still a low first to trial stuff. The X Ride is a trail / trial bike. Its a bike that does very well for a multitude of applications and riders. Even Enduro riders say it would very well in tight technical enduro's.

I can easily go places on the X Ride that would be very difficult for an Enduro to follow.

The e start on all Sherco's is built with the motor, not an add on to kick start. It works very well. 

If I'm out in the bush I will prepared for many happenings that might strand me. I tend to look at the positive, I would be very happy in many situations to have a reliable e start.

Your e-start may be perfectly reliable. Your battery is not. And never will be. And you will not know it until its too late. Dream on.

you would carry a plug, extra fuel, tools, co2 maybe, etc, etc for break downs. I guess carrying a light lithium battery for emerg might be warranted (if your riding alone) in certain situations. Or, you could carry small cables to jump start from another bike in your group.  I can (dream up) many ways on how any bike can strand you, and many ways to limit the risk. try out a Sherco, then decide - cheers

• Like 2

you would carry a plug, extra fuel, tools, co2 maybe, etc, etc for break downs. I guess carrying a light lithium battery for emerg might be warranted (if your riding alone) in certain situations. Or, you could carry small cables to jump start from another bike in your group.  I can (dream up) many ways on how any bike can strand you, and many ways to limit the risk. try out a Sherco, then decide - cheers

Can't argue with that but I would still prefer having a kicker. And a little more power in the 300I.

Can't argue with that but I would still prefer having a kicker. And a little more power in the 300I.

all good, btw, the 2014 300ir stock have 350 power if you need that, not me saying that, it comes from demo ride feedback. Add a "NONE" slip on and you have more power again. cheers

all good, btw, the 2014 300ir stock have 350 power if you need that, not me saying that, it comes from demo ride feedback. Add a "NONE" slip on and you have more power again. cheers

That's good news.

Some feedback stated 25 mpg, anyone confirm this on the 300i?? Looking for another bike next year and would love to have a 300i but needs good mileage without a large tank.