Sign in to follow this  

California Thank You!

5 Friends and I rode our Horses part way on Silver Lake Trail, Martin Meadows and the ridge by Mudd Lake Saturday Sept 28.  All the MX Riders we came across were so polite.  Thank you.  You showed more common courtesy then some of my Horse riding Buddies.  I like my horses exposed to everything.  Really, if we wave you on, throttle up and go for it.  Thank you to the nice rider who started his bike by the colt I was on.  You were great.  Thanks again.  Ride Safe....

Edited by Hondalvr
  • Like 7

You ever ride Kennedy Meadows.  Every horse person I have shared the trails up there has been super cool.  Common courtesy goes a loong way.  :thumbsup:

No, I haven't.  I think your comment is great, glad to hear it.  Is the terrain tough?  Usually, not always, more experienced Horse riders are polite.

I have a few photos, but can't make them small enough....you know......chicken size ossidog

ok, off to finish Dinner; No, not horse stew.....looking at my recipe book I know there is a good OssiDog marinate somewhere!!!!

• Like 2

Kenndy Meadows has a lot of great trails in the trees that are pretty flat and easy.  A few years ago a father daughter team even camped with us.  She had a horse...  dad was on a dirt bike.  They rode everywhere together.  This past year I ran into...  I should say crossed paths with two small groups of horse folks on the same trail.  I was super worried about the horses reacting...  but all 10 horses and riders were very cool.

Wife and I relocated to a small horse ranch as our retirement home.  The area used to be full of these mini ranchos...  but the economy over the past 10 years made the horses and horse lovers go away.  So all the established trails are open and largely unused.  Makes it nice for us cause I didn't want to have any conflict in an established horse community.

Thanks for coming on the site and being so nice...  typical of your group in my experience !  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kenndy Meadows has a lot of great trails in the trees that are pretty flat and easy.  A few years ago a father daughter team even camped with us.  She had a horse...  dad was on a dirt bike.  They rode everywhere together.  This past year I ran into...  I should say crossed paths with two small groups of horse folks on the same trail.  I was super worried about the horses reacting...  but all 10 horses and riders were very cool.

Wife and I relocated to a small horse ranch as our retirement home.  The area used to be full of these mini ranchos...  but the economy over the past 10 years made the horses and horse lovers go away.  So all the established trails are open and largely unused.  Makes it nice for us cause I didn't want to have any conflict in an established horse community.

Thanks for coming on the site and being so nice...  typical of your group in my experience !  :thumbsup:

What a compliment.  My Horses are used to "Razors" ATV's, you name it.  " I was super worried about the horses reacting" soo respectful of you.  If I make it down your way, I will get in touch with you.  If your wife would like to ride I have a bombproof horse.  I would LOVE a kickback ride.  My Boys are used to working, so just a stroll is what they need.  Thank you for this reply.

motors yield to animals who should but rarely yield to hikers....

downhill traffic yields to uphill...

This is exactly what I was talking about.  Horses.....Motorcycles...we HAVE to stick together or we are not going to be able to ride anywhere.  P.S.  I yield. :applause:

• Like 1

What does yield mean exactly? In traffic it means force me way over and yell/flip off as needed.

Was looking for more than some generic answer

Hey there.  Basically the same as the traffic etc.  If I ride up on a trail and we meet, someone has to give way.  If I hear a bike coming, I get off the trail, let you by.  "some" people don't do that.  I look at it like I hear you, you don't know I am there until you see me.

• Like 4

Hey there.  Basically the same as the traffic etc.  If I ride up on a trail and we meet, someone has to give way.  If I hear a bike coming, I get off the trail, let you by.  "some" people don't do that.  I look at it like I hear you, you don't know I am there until you see me.

ok so....if the horse people dont move over then what?  move over let them pass.....turn engine off or does it matter?

ok so....if the horse people dont move over then what?  move over let them pass.....turn engine off or does it matter?

I wouldn't turn my bike off,  Not sure what to do in the situation, your usually on a trail. Not a lot of room to pull off.  Generally speaking, I would ride by the horse slow, not snail like.