Sign in to follow this  

05 cr125 pwk conversion jetting help

So my new pwk Carb will be here in two days, its off a yz250 2001.for my 05 cr125

I'm gonna order a cable and throttle assembly from Yamaha,

I'm in michigan avg temp 70 avg altitude under 1000ft

Bone stock bike, no mods

I've found the wireharness colors to hook up my tps so no problem there.

I'm looking for hopefully a solid baseline jetting

Main, needle , pilot,clipnpostion and air screw I wanna get it to the track this weekend for testing even before the temps drop to much,

I also read in another thread about a guy blocking off the power jet? Does this apply to me as well?

$T2eC16FHJIgFHSjeOzt5BSOIFKp0Wg~~60_57.jpeg

mzkjPcCSS3DRx0dp2iaJB7A.jpg

So my new pwk Carb will be here in two days, its off a yz250 2001.for my 05 cr125

I'm gonna order a cable and throttle assembly from Yamaha,

I'm in michigan avg temp 70 avg altitude under 1000ft

Bone stock bike, no mods

I've found the wireharness colors to hook up my tps so no problem there.

I'm looking for hopefully a solid baseline jetting

Main, needle , pilot,clipnpostion and air screw I wanna get it to the track this weekend for testing even before the temps drop to much,

I also read in another thread about a guy blocking off the power jet? Does this apply to me as well?

Also is this a air stryker?

You will need to plug the power jet on that carb.  And get a needle that runs independent of the power jet.

What's the best way to plug the powerjet? And is adjusting the float bowl a must?

Also how do I know if the needle is for a powerjet or not? I hate to turn his into pwk for dummies but ive never been to good with jetting and one last question on making my harness work the pwk has two wire harnesses the tmx mikuni has one? Do I combine these or only convert one

Also how do I know if the needle is for a powerjet or not? I hate to turn his into pwk for dummies but ive never been to good with jetting and one last question on making my harness work the pwk has two wire harnesses the tmx mikuni has one? Do I combine these or only convert one

The needle that is in the carb will be designed to work with the powerjet so you will need to read that 125 PWK jetting thread linked in here to find alternate needles.  You need to plug the power jet.  The 2 plugs are one for the power jet and the other for the TPS.  You only need to hook the one for the TPS up.  I just left the powerjet plug hanging on my 250.  Also there is a 250 jetting thread that has pics of how to plug the powerjet and where it is located.

Sounds good i located some ballpark jet specs with specific needle, i located the powerjet, an basically one of the two wires coming from the carb are for the powerjet specifically, so i cam just leave that hang and modify just the tps wires. Have you ever heard of a harness to toggle between 2d an 3dimensional mappin the bikes have? I remember the pros used to have a handlebar switch for the two differant maps one for hole shot than the alsecond for the racing.. Just a thought...

Sounds good i located some ballpark jet specs with specific needle, i located the powerjet, an basically one of the two wires coming from the carb are for the powerjet specifically, so i cam just leave that hang and modify just the tps wires. Have you ever heard of a harness to toggle between 2d an 3dimensional mappin the bikes have? I remember the pros used to have a handlebar switch for the two differant maps one for hole shot than the alsecond for the racing.. Just a thought...

I haven't heard of that switch.  there is a guy on the board (hondamxracer) who makes a harness to convert your wiring to plug directly into the honda TPS.  He sells the harness and a kit.  you could talk to him about sending you the kit at a small discount since you wouldn't need the CEJ needle he sends.  it includes the harness, allen bolts for the float bowl and cap, a plug for the powerjet, and a CEJ needle (which is for a CR250 so you wouldn't need it).  The kit is really nice and helps you set up the carb perfectly.  You will need to pull the float bowl and plug the power jet if you haven't already.  The set screw he sends in the kit is perfect for that.  His harness is really professionally done and looks like factory stuff.

• Like 1

Man youve been more than helpful thanks a ton, its been a rough conversion for me out of the 4stroke world. This sites hepled alot im gonn look him up, sounds like exactly what i need! Pwk for dummies lol thanks again