Sign in to follow this  

Shopping List Suggestions.

Rebuilding Non vital components on my 05' KX250F. Make a little shopping list going on just to get a general idea of cost, and to make sure I am not forgetting anything..

So far I have

Tires 

Rear - 110/90-19 MX51 Dunlop

Front - 80/100 - 21 MX51Dunlop

Tubes

MSR gold Metal 110/90 - 19 Tube Rear

MSR gold Metal 80/100 - 21 Tube Front

Chain

D.I.D 112 link 520 Pro Street Chain < Universal, fits my machine.

Sprockets

Front - Parts ULTD 13T (same stock tooth count)

Rear - Protaper Metal Mulisha 47(stock is 48)

Misc

Polisport chain slipper

Kawy rear disc brake cover

Let me know what you guys think. Seems to be a pretty solid list. Not much wrong with the bike but need to replace this stuff. Also, would bed linering the rims and spokes hold up? Love the look of black rims, but the cost is just unaffordable. I also thought of getting them powder'd but I suspect it would not hold up.

Rebuilding Non vital components on my 05' KX250F. Make a little shopping list going on just to get a general idea of cost, and to make sure I am not forgetting anything..

So far I have

Tires

Rear - 110/90-19 MX51 Dunlop

Front - 80/100 - 21 MX51Dunlop

Tubes

MSR gold Metal 110/90 - 19 Tube Rear

MSR gold Metal 80/100 - 21 Tube Front

Chain

D.I.D 112 link 520 Pro Street Chain < Universal, fits my machine.

Sprockets

Front - Parts ULTD 13T (same stock tooth count)

Rear - Protaper Metal Mulisha 47(stock is 48)

Misc

Polisport chain slipper

Kawy rear disc brake cover

Let me know what you guys think. Seems to be a pretty solid list. Not much wrong with the bike but need to replace this stuff. Also, would bed linering the rims and spokes hold up? Love the look of black rims, but the cost is just unaffordable. I also thought of getting them powder'd but I suspect it would not hold up.

powder coat holds up, so do the bed liner/plasti dip. Rhino liner would probly work well.

Yea, I did a google after I posted this, another suggestion is some black epoxy coating, but that takes quite some time to dry. I will look into it. The list is running just over 400$ plus some stickers I wanna decal up looking to be about 500 bucks! Might have to sell off a couple RC's.

Yea, I did a google after I posted this, another suggestion is some black epoxy coating, but that takes quite some time to dry. I will look into it. The list is running just over 400$ plus some stickers I wanna decal up looking to be about 500 bucks! Might have to sell off a couple RC's.

I used to run RCs. There fun but like dirtbikes, expensive! Lol.

But you can get a full graphics kit in eBay for 50-100, don't buy single stickers it looks dumb. Get a graphics kit! Also try what that other guy here tried and wrap your rims in electrical tape, stretch it out and use a heat gun . It looks awesome but he never ride with it yet so it may or may not hold up.

Also consider checking your motor now while you're buying stuff. And if the valves, cams, cam chain, piston, bore , crank or anything looks a little wore consider buying one now. This will save you lots of money and frustration as compared to if you let it go till it blows up!

Im planning on holding off on the rims, I dont want to do something if its going to turn out iffy. Im looking at these

rad hoses'

Graphics Kit

Sticker Bomb

And these, when i bought my bike, the previous owner told me his peg clipped a tree, so a portion of the foot peg is missing, so Im planning on picking up some used ones. Because 150 for new ones is quite ridiculous. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321145640058?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Totals is around 800 bucks.

If your just looking to replace pegs, then go with those stockers. O

ther years of the 2 stroke probably fit, you can use the kawasaki dot com parts cross reference to find out exactly what bikes share the same pegs. If you decide to buy new buy the fastways. Large platform peg with sharp cleats, they are inexpensive compared to other aftermarket pegs and the cleats are the cheapest to replace in the game.

I wouldnt plasti dip rims, or electrical tape them its not worth the hassle of having to clean them up if/when it fails. I've seen plenty of powdercoated hubs and they hold up great but hubs dont see near the abrasion the actual rim does. 

The mx51 is a good rear tire, but it seems like your on a budget, i'd go with a bridgestone 404/403 combo as they will last WAY longer than the dunlop. The mx51 front tire is junk in my opinion very vague and washy. Run a mx31 front and mx51 rear if your set on dunlops.

Again if your looking for bang for you buck, buy a set of cheap Steel sprockets, with an expensive x ring chain. It will last WAY longer than any aluminum setup will especially with a generic street chain....

Steel last much longer and unless you need the couple of ounces of weight reduction or color vanity youwill never know the difference between them.

And is it heavily recommended to go with a mx31 front?

The 31 is a far superior tire to the 51.

Got my tires today, soo nice to see what tread looks like again. Also picked up another spoon so I have  3 on hand. Royal had a sale on Leath GPX Club 3 neck braces. Retail for them was 470, got it for 200 which is still cheaper then the online retailers. Setup is going to take a while, because I am using an icon striker, field armor vest. Still waiting on my packages.

Got my tires today, soo nice to see what tread looks like again. Also picked up another spoon so I have 3 on hand. Royal had a sale on Leath GPX Club 3 neck braces. Retail for them was 470, got it for 200 which is still cheaper then the online retailers. Setup is going to take a while, because I am using an icon striker, field armor vest. Still waiting on my packages.

do you mean leatt??